IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New thats why they are working in a store
they are fans who get paid. If she had went to a local lug and spotted a few folks carrying mac books she would have had a different reception. 2 types of people own macs. Mac users who grew up with the graphics and love it and nix users who like the under hood stuff. Nix users would not be working in an apple store front. The other folks dont really understand how apples now work. Off/disabled is off. Unless like moi you accidently break the antenna while trying to install a part.

thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New All I meant by, "is 'off' OFF?'
- is the obvious point (I thought) that - any script which gets through security could turn it on, just as a user does (or does not); and, for all I know yet:

It could also turn it ON and return an 'OFF' when queried for status. Even moi can see how to do that, conceptually.

So yeah, one could setup a Spectrum Analyzer and make Sure. I'd prefer a removable jumper on mobo which is - impervious to s/ware alteration. And about $10K cheaper.

(And.. the above scenario need not be activated other than infrequently; the rest of the time - all looks normal. Tell me this Cannot Happen. (And I'll not believe you. Either.))

OK - guess nobody has ever really looked at, "when system is lying, by someone's design"

Apple store staff performance, generally? + 3 Qs - (Ashton) - (5)
         I can't answer the technical questions... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Many thanks, on behalf.. - (Ashton)
         Re: Apple store staff performance, generally? + 3 Qs - (pwhysall)
         thats why they are working in a store - (boxley) - (1)
             All I meant by, "is 'off' OFF?' - (Ashton)

Trust me...
131 ms