a church is an assembly of people like a bar...a preacher is the equivelent of a bartender, he has a clientel he either likes or dont...the drinkers go there because they like to drink there or not...If they dont like it they move elsewhere...

Interesting... however, there are also the employees at the "bar" Now mind you, the situation at a church is different, because most churches don't pay their musicians (that I am aware of). But I can't be considered a patron of the bar, because I am an "employee" per se. I go there and provide a service, i.e. live music. So although I can leave the "bar" and find another one, that doesn't mean I can find one that will give me that opportunity to serve by playing music.

...A nice desert or a quiet night in the mountains or a few hours beside a river provides more interactione between G_d and man than any group...

I have to agree here too. I tend to find God more deeply in the quiet places in life. That's why I have to decide if the situation allows me to continue to do that at my church, and if not, I guess I need to start looking for another "bar".

But right now I don't have to do anything but wait. Apparently my conversation with the deacon got some fires lit under the pastor, because he made sure my mom had the music line up and new sheet music last night and told her "we need to get our act together." The choir director (who is the deacon I mentioned), also is staying the choir director and told the pastor the choir needs music too. So my pulling out has caused some obvious ripples and the sheep have noticed and are bleating loudly about the problems.

No concrete information about me and my situation yet, but I do know the pastor's wife put new songs in this week's service again that not only do the musicians not know, but the congregation doesn't either. So I guess we wait and see what their reaction is.

Meanwhile, I'm just trying to get my heartrate back to normal and keep it from spiking again whenever I think about the situation...and taking it easy and staying away for now.

Besides, it's still hockey playoff time. ;)

Brenda