Indeed the world is filled with small amateurs with Big mouths (I tend to regard even less, the Professional Class; anyone can profess-to-know.) Some things you have to do entirely alone -- even within the noisiest culture yet

As to canny Ludwig... Kant as Rock Star of the age? Hard to better such gems as,

Someone who knows too much finds it hard not to lie.

(Love It when he agrees with moi; The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.)

I reiterate my main bone of contention with *all* flippant dismissals of The Mystery, whether from those who acknowledge little-interest-in the topic they are so Certain about - or those who imagine that meta- is about raps on tables in seances. And fie on every, 'show me the Proof that there's The Real and, THIS is IT.pdf'

Having paid my dues in BS (Big Science) I fancy I grok adequately its general appropriateness for mapping one's cell. Having paid other dues, where the lab is in unmapped territory - I notice I become less tolerant of either the casual smug dismissals - or the I Know Truth!! of the besotted acolyte.

I maintain that, in these matters the most probably 'True' response to just too many casual assertions is,

You Don't Know Shit.

Yes, I too subscribe to niti niti [not this.. not that..] .. an awareness that our jelloware faculties are far better at recognizing the smell of that which is unTrue, than ever noticing outright ... some gleaming little bit of the True. Why, there are whole Schools built around that theme. Just not at Harvard or CalTech.

oTpy