IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Couldn't you use your WAP page?

Not really; the TV stuff, because of the interface it uses, had a different set of requirements for visual presentation. Which, fortunately, is really easy to do; one of my co-workers [link|http://www.postneo.com/2006/07/26/acknowledging-the-mobile-web-with-django|wrote up how we handle this sort of thing] for our mobile sites.

\r\n\r\n

Edit: I should probably also take this moment to pimp Matt's talk from PyCon on [link|http://postneo.com/talks/pycon2006/|mobile development with Python].

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
Collapse Edited by ubernostrum Nov. 27, 2006, 12:32:12 AM EST
Re: Couldn't you use your WAP page?

Not really; the TV stuff, because of the interface it uses, had a different set of requirements for visual presentation. Which, fortunately, is really easy to do; one of my co-workers [link|http://www.postneo.com/2006/07/26/acknowledging-the-mobile-web-with-django|wrote up how we handle this sort of thing] for our mobile sites.

-- You cooin' with my bird?
     Now using IceWeasel, nice. - (folkert) - (27)
         Firefox in drag - (tuberculosis) - (26)
             Firefox OUT OF DRAG. - (folkert) - (25)
                 DFSG - (tuberculosis) - (24)
                     It works exactly like Firefox... - (folkert) - (1)
                         They all say that - (tuberculosis)
                     Re: DFSG - (ubernostrum) - (21)
                         User agent sniffing - (tuberculosis) - (19)
                             Re: User agent sniffing - (ubernostrum) - (18)
                                 Whatever - (tuberculosis) - (17)
                                     Re: Whatever - (ubernostrum) - (10)
                                         Re: Whatever - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                                             Re: Whatever - (ubernostrum) - (8)
                                                 Uh yeah - so how do I compensate for it in the page? - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                                     Re: Uh yeah - so how do I compensate for it in the page? - (ubernostrum) - (6)
                                                         I mostly agree - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                                                             Re: I mostly agree - (ubernostrum) - (4)
                                                                 Couldn't you use your WAP page? - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Couldn't you use your WAP page? - (ubernostrum)
                                                                 Re: I mostly agree - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                                     Re: I mostly agree - (ubernostrum)
                                     On a more serious note, though - (ubernostrum) - (5)
                                         I think Todd's made his argument poorly. - (static)
                                         The sniffing happens on the server - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                             Re: The sniffing happens on the server - (ubernostrum) - (2)
                                                 Re: The sniffing happens on the server - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                     Re: The sniffing happens on the server - (ubernostrum)
                         Re: DFSG - (pwhysall)

Well, from then on, we had a whale of a time. I took her to dinner, I took her to dance. I bought her a bouquet of flounders. And then I went home with her. And what did I get for my trouble? A case of the clams.
120 ms