IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: I mostly agree
WebTV needs to go on the garbage heap ;)

OK, there we completely agree. However, I believe there is a 'webtv' in the user agent string if you look for it.

Failing that, you can do a screen size check in js and redirect them.

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
New Re: I mostly agree

Unfortunately, it's not actually WebTV, it's a WebTV-alike. I'll go poke at logs sometime this week, but I seem to recall that one of its major annoyances was not advertising itself in its UA string, and instead trying to be as much like IE6 as possible.

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
     Now using IceWeasel, nice. - (folkert) - (27)
         Firefox in drag - (tuberculosis) - (26)
             Firefox OUT OF DRAG. - (folkert) - (25)
                 DFSG - (tuberculosis) - (24)
                     It works exactly like Firefox... - (folkert) - (1)
                         They all say that - (tuberculosis)
                     Re: DFSG - (ubernostrum) - (21)
                         User agent sniffing - (tuberculosis) - (19)
                             Re: User agent sniffing - (ubernostrum) - (18)
                                 Whatever - (tuberculosis) - (17)
                                     Re: Whatever - (ubernostrum) - (10)
                                         Re: Whatever - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                                             Re: Whatever - (ubernostrum) - (8)
                                                 Uh yeah - so how do I compensate for it in the page? - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                                     Re: Uh yeah - so how do I compensate for it in the page? - (ubernostrum) - (6)
                                                         I mostly agree - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                                                             Re: I mostly agree - (ubernostrum) - (4)
                                                                 Couldn't you use your WAP page? - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Couldn't you use your WAP page? - (ubernostrum)
                                                                 Re: I mostly agree - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                                     Re: I mostly agree - (ubernostrum)
                                     On a more serious note, though - (ubernostrum) - (5)
                                         I think Todd's made his argument poorly. - (static)
                                         The sniffing happens on the server - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                             Re: The sniffing happens on the server - (ubernostrum) - (2)
                                                 Re: The sniffing happens on the server - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                     Re: The sniffing happens on the server - (ubernostrum)
                         Re: DFSG - (pwhysall)

Unfortunately, with great ambition comes great shit hitting the fan.
102 ms