IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Brandi, USE the freaking QUOTE BUTTON! That's what it's FOR!
New Hey, cut him some slack. I've never noticed it either.
Neato.

I hadn't noticed the Quote button with the drop-down list before either. Is that a recent upgrade or has it been there for months?

Usage?: To use it for a blockquote, hit the "Symbol" drop down list, select Block, then hit the Quote button. Put your cut-and-paste in between the sets of brackets.

Hey Scott! How about adding an option to do the "open link in another window" HTML madness that imric is so fond of. It's very nice for links outside the world of IWeThey.

Thanks, CRC.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Use "Split Block" to save on cut-and-pasting. :-)
New Eh? I don't understand the usage I guess.
Split Block just seems to generate 2 pairs of [blockquote type="cite"] [/blockquote]. It seems that the same cut-and-paste actions are required.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New How "Split Block" helps cut down on cut/paste:
Scott II writes:
Split Block just seems to generate 2 pairs of [blockquote type="cite"] [/blockquote]. It seems that the same cut-and-paste actions are required.
Naah; you get one set of blockquote tags around each *paragraph* with "Split Block". (I've always assumed that's what it means: The post you're replying to is split up into paragraph-size blocks.)

[X]
Unfortunately, because most of us separate our paragraphs with an extra pair of newlines, you also usually get an empty pair of blockquote tags (I've put in a "[X]" to illustrate it above) between each real paragraph.

What am I missing?
The fact that an empty post like my previous one gives the same result in "Block" and "Split Block", probably... :-)

[X]
Oh, and these empty blockquote tag pairs are still:

A) Easier to delete than it is to copy a single pair around and split up a post manually, and

B) Useful if you want to further split up a paragraph to reply to two separate points in it: Just cut one bit out and paste it into one of these! :-)

Thanks.
You're welcome; HTH!
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything

(But is still rather amazed that someone could miss that select box and button for months on end.)
New Thanks.
Thanks.
You're welcome; HTH!

It does indeed.

(But is still rather amazed that someone could miss that select box and button for months on end.)

Hey, it just seemed to be extraneous stuff. I had no need to post "Symbols" nor make things "Wider" so I didn't investigate the other options. I managed to pick up enough HTML to do italics, bold, and blockquotes, so I was happy. And it never occurred to me to highlight a block of text and then mess around with the Quote and Change buttons to see what would happen....

Until you bestowed your wisdom upon me. :-)

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Scott.
New You're welcome!
(And so is Brandhisim, dammit...)
New Reassuring that I'm not the only one who
doesn't reexplore such things as 'Symbol' after I thought I had, and didn't expect NEW STUFF to be snuck in and.. such.

(Maybe it's a M$-ingrained habit, an aversion to all Their menus of All that bloat - after initially finding the Few useful things.) Hmmm how's that for rationalization of terminal feature sloth ?

Ashton Luddite
     Some on left see something wrong with *hard* leftists. - (Silverlock) - (59)
         A very good read. Thanks for the link. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Straw Man Anyone? - (andread) - (35)
             Ermmm.. Uhh, It's an *opinion* piece. - (Silverlock) - (34)
                 I'll be the example. - (Brandioch) - (33)
                     "So Noam is an idiot" - I think that was his point. :-) - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         re "near term" - (Ashton)
                         Simple, we don't. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                             Hey Khas, there IS an (ultra-easy-to-use!) Quote select box! -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Whew! A maelstrom of mixed metaphors + micturations. - (Ashton)
                     Oh, my. - (Ric Locke) - (27)
                         OK.. the species isn't ready for sweet Reasonableness - (Ashton)
                         I didn't know we were responsible for everyone. - (Brandioch) - (25)
                             Oh, dear. - (Ric Locke) - (24)
                                 I didn't know we were responsible for everyone. (again) - (Brandioch) - (23)
                                     Re: I didn't know we were responsible for everyone. (again) - (wharris2) - (1)
                                         Which leads to my other point. - (Brandioch)
                                     Brandi, USE the freaking QUOTE BUTTON! That's what it's FOR! -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                         Hey, cut him some slack. I've never noticed it either. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                             Use "Split Block" to save on cut-and-pasting. :-) -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                 Eh? I don't understand the usage I guess. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     How "Split Block" helps cut down on cut/paste: - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                         Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             You're welcome! -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                             Reassuring that I'm not the only one who - (Ashton)
                                     We aren't responsible for everyone. - (Ric Locke) - (12)
                                         I wasn't aware of that. - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                             Do you have some kind of religious objection... - (CRConrad) - (10)
                                                 Did I miss something? - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                     Yes, you did. I refer to ALL your posts EXCEPT the one above -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                         Christian, I've disagreed with you once or twice - (Ric Locke) - (4)
                                                             Oh, yes.. - (Ric Locke)
                                                             Since the weathervane has struck a vein and - (Ashton)
                                                             Feel free to not address my points. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                 The treaty at the end of ww2 - (boxley)
                                                 Minor disagreement. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                     Sorry, but you're just plain wrong. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                         Well..________OK, - (Ashton)
         Self examination... better late than never. - (marlowe) - (21)
             Within your digital Left/Right world - (Ashton) - (1)
                 I can see your underwear. - (marlowe)
             But *what* is it you are "winning", exactly? - (CRConrad) - (18)
                 Touchy, touchy. -NT - (marlowe) - (17)
                     "You ruminated for two days, and came up with this?" -NT - (CRConrad) - (16)
                         Less than a day, actually. - (marlowe) - (15)
                             It was a *quote*, nitwit! (Recognize it, by any chance?) - (CRConrad) - (14)
                                 Ohhh, you're lots of fun! - (marlowe) - (13)
                                     Why worry now? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         What an intolerant thing to say. - (marlowe)
                                     A simple "I don't have any answer" would have sufficed for U - (CRConrad)
                                     Boooooooooooooooooooooring - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                         Yeah, you're right. Sorry. - (Ric Locke) - (8)
                                             Ehh... Dunno. What's a skeg? :-) -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                 Sorry. Your English is so good - (Ric Locke) - (6)
                                                     It's news to me! - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                                         I think the West Coast U.S. usage - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                                                             Cool! Easy to tell I've never surfed :) -NT - (Meerkat)
                                                     Ah, that's what I thought it might be. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                         skeg: skank at a kegger -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             ROFL -NT - (Silverlock)

GAWD have these people never used SOFTWARE before!!!!!!!!!!
154 ms