IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New :-)
- missed this gem, a nicely conciliatory response which also happens to be rich in truthiness.. not bad.

Indeed, it may even be so.. that JC et al copped much of their best material from Sufi lore - direct, or as transmogrified into various offshoots, in India.

As they neither operate press agencies nor generate political-flacks - it's unsurprising that 1:1000? Muricans might ever have heard the name. What goes around (comes around only if you're on the right Great-circle-route.)

Row Row Row Your Boat? - a Sufi parable.
New um err, muslim sufi sect was 700+ After JC (didnja know)
and they came out of north afrique? Perhaps you are confusing them with someone else.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Actually later than that, IIRC - using the name 'Sufi'
But their esoteric beginnings/sources (I wasn't there) are alleged to be quite older than JC, intertwined with Moors generally (After all, there's nothing New under the local sun.) Believe 'the Order' didn't get the name 'Sufi' until 1200+

I was more interested in a sense of the origins of the ideas they expressed - than any attempt to follow all the cross-pollenations. Now of course, that's all much easier, once you know enough to vet the veracity of a plethora of 'authoritative' sources with websites.

Their superior storytelling abilities appear to have eclipsed the ancient sources; after-all, putting all the aphorisms together needs a different talent than just being Brilliant. (Though not even 'Brilliance' likely compares with being fully Awake, whatever the date.)

Indries Shaw has put many of these stories into pretty good Engrish.

interesting, major religion conspicuously absent - (boxley) - (23)
         Well spotted - (warmachine) - (20)
             Easily understood. - (Andrew Grygus)
             Islam is tied into the caste system - (JayMehaffey) - (18)
                 would you have a link? Im interested - (boxley) - (17)
                     Does gender enter the equation? -NT - (ChrisR) - (12)
                         nope, all equal, just the rules are different -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                             Some more equal than others? -NT - (ChrisR) - (10)
                                 takes 4 women to equal one man - (boxley) - (9)
                                     Re: takes 4 women to equal one man - (systems) - (8)
                                         Thanks for posting. Please come back more often. -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                             Re: Thanks for posting. Please come back more often. - (systems) - (5)
                                                 Don't take it personally. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     the reason you dont hear moderates is that the Sufi folks - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         :-) - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                             um err, muslim sufi sect was 700+ After JC (didnja know) - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 Actually later than that, IIRC - using the name 'Sufi' - (Ashton)
                                         My dear systems, I was not indulging in rudeness - (boxley)
                     It's an old problem. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Heh - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                             Most unfortunate, too - for underscoring so much else - (Ashton)
                     Re: would you have a link? Im interested - (JayMehaffey)
         If history is any guide, Islam would have a tough time. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Never knew that, thanks! -NT - (boxley)

Unfortunately, the hard part is moderation...
98 ms