that that is his job. He's not there looking for political statements, he's there looking for hazardous materials.

I've read many many cases of screeners taking their authority into their hands for what seems to be a simple case of dislike on sight and using it to humiliate someone. To be sure, his job sucks, and I've little doubt that the remuneration for it sucks seriously too. OTOH, I can think of a lot of jobs like that without the perq of being able to periodically vent one's spleen on someone just 'cause, like fry cook say.

If he's a baggage screener, he's there to screen baggage for the Things We Really Don't Want On Airplanes. One's political opinions don't fall into that category.

BTW- I'll be getting into Mtl at around 8:15, and we can hook up for a hooker of something strong if you're of a mind. If you're just interested in a hooker, though, we'll have to truck a fair number of blocks to get to St-Catherine Est (cette Catherine, elle n'est pas une sainte, c'est sur). Personally, I'm thinking beer and maybe a shot of Scotch to set the trail. I shouldn't leave leaving to go up to Laval any later than about eleven or midnight though.

I'll give you a shout on the cell when I get into town to find out where you are so I can come and meet you. If you could find out the nearest Metro station to your hotel that would prolly help....