IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm sure it's good eating - and it'd better be . . .
. . at the price. Most expensive fish I've bought yet at $6.69/#. Even Monkfish tails aren't that high, and they're almost all edible.

[Ooops, correction - found the sticker, they didn't charge me that much, only $5.59/# - about the same as Red Snapper and Monkfish].

Of course with so many cookbook recipes call for grouper and grouper looking so much like a "regular fish", practically any grouper is bound to be expensive.

Same as with Red Snapper. Not only is Red Snapper expensive but a lot of other fish that aren't even snappers are sold labled "Red Snapper".

On the other hand, from past experience, I'm betting the Sculpin is the more delectable fish - we'll see.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Aug. 27, 2006, 01:33:08 AM EDT
New Yes, yes, confirmed! Not a Sculpin at all . . .
. . it's the venomous California Scorpionfish Scorpaena guttata. I knew that bastard looked familiar!

About 35 years ago a then co-worker (currently an important client) went out fishing on a boat owned by another co-worker. He promised to bring me some fish at the end of the day.

Indeed, they did catch fish and he came by and opened up his trunk. There were a number of sand bass - and two small ugly things with sharp spines sticking out all over.

He gave me a song and dance about how he had a family and all and needed the "good fish" for his family and he was really sorry about sticking me with these ugly things but he really needed the good fish for his family.

I nodded understandingly and allowed him to hand over to me what I already knew was the most delectable fish found off the Pacific coast of North America.

I cut fillets into chunks, heated up a fondue pot of light olive oil, skewered the pieces and - well, I was going to only eat the small one but I just couldn't help myself and I had soon eaten all - while giving thanks for the ignorance of others.

No, I never told him, but I did tell the story to his son a couple of months ago.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Lesson learned: never judge a fish by its beauty.
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
     Back to the Philippines for fish. - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
         The strawberry grouper is a nice looking fish - (imqwerky) - (3)
             I'm sure it's good eating - and it'd better be . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Yes, yes, confirmed! Not a Sculpin at all . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Lesson learned: never judge a fish by its beauty. -NT - (imqwerky)
         Sayeth the LRPD: I don't eat what I dissect. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             With all due respect to Ms. Bio . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Bon App\ufffdtit -NT - (bionerd)
         reminds me of a story I was reading today - (boxley)
         That's a little fishier than here - (tonytib)
         And we have a winner! - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             pickled makerel is very good and hard to find here in ATL -NT - (boxley)

The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading only.
38 ms