IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's a double-edged sword.
Financially, I've never thought I could survive on the income I have now.
Now, it's not the President's fault that I got divorced and changed jobs which resulted in a huge paycut. But the bulk of my income depends on the aviation industry, which has been tanking since 9/11. I blame the current administration for this.

The other part of my income comes from the clinic. Health insurance benefits are decreasing. Out of pocket costs are increasing. Fewer insured people can afford the "luxury" of outpatient counseling, unless the situation is urgent/emergent. Our health care delivery system is a mess, and that directly impacts my ability to pull in a decent salary.

When I look at having to manage my life as a single parent,though, I gladly accept the financial hardships for the opportunity to be available to my kids. It allows me to be the kind of parent I want to be, and that keeps me sane.

Everything is a trade-off.
New Now wait just a minute
But the bulk of my income depends on the aviation industry, which has been tanking since 9/11. I blame the current administration for this.

This I gotta hear.

The airlines are the worst managed industry segment...so much so as to be in a class by themselves.

Their problems are NOT simply related to jet fuel prices...which is about the only thing you could remotely blame on the current administration.

The fact that they actually made money once, in about 1993 (when fuel was at its lowest) and then gave all of their profits to the unions...thus sealing their fate when fuel went up would have nothing to do with it.

The fact that 3 airlines run 12 flights per day between the same 2 cities...in a market that can only support 6 flights period would also have nothing to do with it.

Your NEXT paragraph re: health benefits I could see blaming the current administration for well before I would blame the airlines on it.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Hold on there, babalooey.
Air travel is infrastructure. It is, in and of itself, an enabling service. As bad as the management of the hub/spoke system has been, it is the height of disingenousness to blame the collapse of airlines on unions. Jesus H, man, was the Kool-Aid from your Reagan Youth club that strong? The management teams have all (personally) done extremely well. As have all passengers (wanna go from ORD to MCO for $39? No problem). It's the flight attendants, pilots, mechanics and ticket agents who have taken it in the rear. And we all benefited - er, all of us that have flown commercial in that past 15 years.

You'll love this Beep. While Dub & Co certainly have not helped commercial aviation, the true culprit, the man and the administration who more than any other began swinging the rope connected to the death bell for commercial aviation was Jimmy Carter.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New I didn't.
I blamed it on MANAGEMENT.
New Last on this.
gave all of their profits to the unions...thus sealing their fate when fuel went up

Sure sounded like union bashing to me.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New 2 sides in every negotiation. Mgt caved.
     Men dropping out of work force - (JayMehaffey) - (102)
         Of course it points that out - (bepatient) - (88)
             Exactly. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                 Ah, so its a GOD given right - (bepatient) - (5)
                     Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         Somehow I think you misinterpreted - (bepatient)
                         Oh, and another thing. - (bepatient) - (2)
                             You think people don't take pay cuts today? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 You are confused - (bepatient)
             Wow, almost perfectly opposite impression - (JayMehaffey) - (80)
                 Huh? - (drewk)
                 Timing of publication and the publication itself. - (bepatient) - (78)
                     Ferchrissakes. - (mmoffitt) - (77)
                         Apologist for whom, exactly? - (bepatient) - (76)
                             lowest unemployment in years, I agree - (boxley) - (75)
                                 Saw this a while back - (bepatient) - (74)
                                     crock o sommat - (boxley) - (4)
                                         doesn't jibe with the figures - (bepatient)
                                         It's the nature of averages... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Same error both sides - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Both sides are correct - (broomberg)
                                     possible nit - (boxley) - (68)
                                         other places too - (bepatient) - (66)
                                             P1ss on that. - (imric) - (65)
                                                 I can finger just as many - (bepatient) - (64)
                                                     100% - (imric) - (63)
                                                         Let's take a poll: Better or Worse Worse - (imqwerky) - (62)
                                                             Better. - (imric) - (2)
                                                                 Considering Cost of Living even? - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                     Yup. - (imric)
                                                             7/8 of what I was making in 1998 - (boxley)
                                                             Depends on what you mean by better - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                                                                 Seconded - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                     Thirded - (lincoln)
                                                             Better - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                 Don't I wish - (drewk)
                                                                 IT did have a bubble that is well burst - (boxley)
                                                             Worse - (bionerd) - (9)
                                                                 By what measure then? - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                     While she considers herself better off, - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                                                         true nuff -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                     It's a double-edged sword. - (bionerd) - (5)
                                                                         Now wait just a minute - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                             Hold on there, babalooey. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                 I didn't. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     Last on this. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                         2 sides in every negotiation. Mgt caved. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                             Better - (SpiceWare) - (36)
                                                                 Which all begs the question - (drewk) - (35)
                                                                     Re: Which all begs the question - (bepatient) - (34)
                                                                         I'll disagree on that - (drewk) - (30)
                                                                             But we don't want pollution in our yard - (tonytib) - (2)
                                                                                 That's where it gets tricky - (drewk)
                                                                                 It's not just NIMBY. - (Another Scott)
                                                                             Doesn't solve core issue - (bepatient) - (13)
                                                                                 I definitely agree with one point - (jake123)
                                                                                 What would you train them to be? - (imric) - (11)
                                                                                     Welders, mechanics, operators (machine), butchers, bakers - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                                         ROFL! Not what I meant at all! - (imric) - (6)
                                                                                             He forgot candlestick maker too :0) - (imqwerky)
                                                                                             Now this ought to be interesting coming from me. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                 Problem with "earning a living" - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                                                     Been there, too. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                     Dupe (How'd that happen?) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                 Nah - my point - (imric)
                                                                                         Butchers aren't happening either... - (hnick) - (2)
                                                                                             Actually not as bad around here - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                 Well, it's 2 out of 3 of the dominant chains here. - (hnick)
                                                                             I'll second that - (imqwerky) - (12)
                                                                                 You are. -NT - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                                     I beg to differ. - (imqwerky) - (3)
                                                                                         Beg all you like - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                             No, I won't - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                                                                                 You may want - (bepatient)
                                                                                     And so are you. - (folkert) - (6)
                                                                                         :-) - (Another Scott)
                                                                                         Which goes to the point I made to Drew -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                         "All-American" content is not smart - (tonytib) - (3)
                                                                                             Actually, iirc - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                 No, public company on the NASDAQ - (tonytib) - (1)
                                                                                                     ok. thought it was - (bepatient)
                                                                         The gains made by the few bring the averages up. -NT - (imric) - (2)
                                                                             Thats what the other link was for - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                 No? - (imric)
                                                             Depends on your take of the situation... - (Yendor)
                                                             Worse. Much worse. -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                             Worse - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                                 That's not a realistic metric - (tonytib) - (1)
                                                                     Just makes it worse - (tuberculosis)
                                         Funny that I know so many in NJ - (imric)
         Ah, now I see where this is going - (JayMehaffey) - (12)
             Matters not. - (imric) - (6)
                 You got that right. -NT - (imqwerky)
                 you forgot the outlaws -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     True. -NT - (imric)
                     And the lawyers ... or is that redundant? -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                         CAN they be 'outlaws? - (imric) - (1)
                             Think about it - (drewk)
             I wish the NYT didn't make you pay for access - (lincoln) - (1)
                 The Smirking Chimp has it. - (Another Scott)
             That Brooks is a talking head-up-ass on PBS - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Isn't about 95% of that piece tongue in cheek? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     It could be his idea of subtlety, I suppose - (Ashton)

And on mic: the l-l-lovely... Cher!
181 ms