IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "All-American" content is not smart
I want to make a good machine. I'm not going to compromise the machine design just to make it "All American". If an American company makes a quality product that fits my requirements, then there's a good chance I'll use it.

And, unlike most of you, I am involved with selecting components. Most of our parts are from the US, Japan, and Germany, with some stuff from Italy, France, Switzerland, Taiwan, and, yes, China. For example, for our needs, Panasonic's micro PLC's fit our needs (and budget) much better than anything from Allen Bradley. We use sensors from Italy that have no equivalent anywhere else in the world. And so on.

BTW, most of the world is similar, e.g. few things "Made in China" are 100% made from Chinese components. In disk drives, for example, Hutchinson (USA) makes about 70% of the suspensions (and they are made in the US) while a Japanese makes most of the spindle motors. So a disk drive may be assembled in China or Singapore, but its parts come from all over the world, including the US.

--Tony
New Actually, iirc
Hutchinson is owned by the French. :-)
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New No, public company on the NASDAQ
[link|http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=HTCH&script=2100|http://www.corporate...=HTCH&script=2100]
New ok. thought it was
[link|http://www.hutchinsonrubber.com/gb/index/index.asp|these guys]
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     Men dropping out of work force - (JayMehaffey) - (102)
         Of course it points that out - (bepatient) - (88)
             Exactly. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                 Ah, so its a GOD given right - (bepatient) - (5)
                     Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         Somehow I think you misinterpreted - (bepatient)
                         Oh, and another thing. - (bepatient) - (2)
                             You think people don't take pay cuts today? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 You are confused - (bepatient)
             Wow, almost perfectly opposite impression - (JayMehaffey) - (80)
                 Huh? - (drewk)
                 Timing of publication and the publication itself. - (bepatient) - (78)
                     Ferchrissakes. - (mmoffitt) - (77)
                         Apologist for whom, exactly? - (bepatient) - (76)
                             lowest unemployment in years, I agree - (boxley) - (75)
                                 Saw this a while back - (bepatient) - (74)
                                     crock o sommat - (boxley) - (4)
                                         doesn't jibe with the figures - (bepatient)
                                         It's the nature of averages... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Same error both sides - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 Both sides are correct - (broomberg)
                                     possible nit - (boxley) - (68)
                                         other places too - (bepatient) - (66)
                                             P1ss on that. - (imric) - (65)
                                                 I can finger just as many - (bepatient) - (64)
                                                     100% - (imric) - (63)
                                                         Let's take a poll: Better or Worse Worse - (imqwerky) - (62)
                                                             Better. - (imric) - (2)
                                                                 Considering Cost of Living even? - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                     Yup. - (imric)
                                                             7/8 of what I was making in 1998 - (boxley)
                                                             Depends on what you mean by better - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                                                                 Seconded - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                     Thirded - (lincoln)
                                                             Better - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                 Don't I wish - (drewk)
                                                                 IT did have a bubble that is well burst - (boxley)
                                                             Worse - (bionerd) - (9)
                                                                 By what measure then? - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                     While she considers herself better off, - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                                                         true nuff -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                     It's a double-edged sword. - (bionerd) - (5)
                                                                         Now wait just a minute - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                             Hold on there, babalooey. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                 I didn't. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     Last on this. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                         2 sides in every negotiation. Mgt caved. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                             Better - (SpiceWare) - (36)
                                                                 Which all begs the question - (drewk) - (35)
                                                                     Re: Which all begs the question - (bepatient) - (34)
                                                                         I'll disagree on that - (drewk) - (30)
                                                                             But we don't want pollution in our yard - (tonytib) - (2)
                                                                                 That's where it gets tricky - (drewk)
                                                                                 It's not just NIMBY. - (Another Scott)
                                                                             Doesn't solve core issue - (bepatient) - (13)
                                                                                 I definitely agree with one point - (jake123)
                                                                                 What would you train them to be? - (imric) - (11)
                                                                                     Welders, mechanics, operators (machine), butchers, bakers - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                                         ROFL! Not what I meant at all! - (imric) - (6)
                                                                                             He forgot candlestick maker too :0) - (imqwerky)
                                                                                             Now this ought to be interesting coming from me. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                 Problem with "earning a living" - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                                                     Been there, too. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                     Dupe (How'd that happen?) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                 Nah - my point - (imric)
                                                                                         Butchers aren't happening either... - (hnick) - (2)
                                                                                             Actually not as bad around here - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                 Well, it's 2 out of 3 of the dominant chains here. - (hnick)
                                                                             I'll second that - (imqwerky) - (12)
                                                                                 You are. -NT - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                                     I beg to differ. - (imqwerky) - (3)
                                                                                         Beg all you like - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                             No, I won't - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                                                                                 You may want - (bepatient)
                                                                                     And so are you. - (folkert) - (6)
                                                                                         :-) - (Another Scott)
                                                                                         Which goes to the point I made to Drew -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                                         "All-American" content is not smart - (tonytib) - (3)
                                                                                             Actually, iirc - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                                 No, public company on the NASDAQ - (tonytib) - (1)
                                                                                                     ok. thought it was - (bepatient)
                                                                         The gains made by the few bring the averages up. -NT - (imric) - (2)
                                                                             Thats what the other link was for - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                 No? - (imric)
                                                             Depends on your take of the situation... - (Yendor)
                                                             Worse. Much worse. -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                             Worse - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                                 That's not a realistic metric - (tonytib) - (1)
                                                                     Just makes it worse - (tuberculosis)
                                         Funny that I know so many in NJ - (imric)
         Ah, now I see where this is going - (JayMehaffey) - (12)
             Matters not. - (imric) - (6)
                 You got that right. -NT - (imqwerky)
                 you forgot the outlaws -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     True. -NT - (imric)
                     And the lawyers ... or is that redundant? -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                         CAN they be 'outlaws? - (imric) - (1)
                             Think about it - (drewk)
             I wish the NYT didn't make you pay for access - (lincoln) - (1)
                 The Smirking Chimp has it. - (Another Scott)
             That Brooks is a talking head-up-ass on PBS - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Isn't about 95% of that piece tongue in cheek? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     It could be his idea of subtlety, I suppose - (Ashton)

IANK.
175 ms