IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why.. ya took the words right outta my fingertips -
Alas, while that is a Norton featherbed\ufffd frame, indeed - it contains a twin, looking very like the 650cc Manxman version (?) - the only Norton I bought new. That 650 was a vibrating pig, whereas its predecessor, the 600 Dominator (in featherbed-like frame: which the Manxman did Not feature) was much smoother. (I sent the engine back to Bracebridge Street via Cherry Hill NJ. Months later - not a (t)whit's difference. They coulda saved all that wasted effort / their cost, with a simple snippet of Truthiness: Sorry, it really Is a vibrating pig..

Anyway - it seems to be someone's fairly sanitary special. But sans the DOHC singles which were the only Official "Norton Manx" models - of 350cc (Model 40M) or 500cc (30M) displacement. All pukka Manxes had mag. alloy drum brakes, etc.

Alas, [link|http://www.vintagenet.com/phantom/manxman.html| this] interesting mount of a 650 engine in Dominator frame appears to be missing its pic. Pity. (But I don't think that would cure the rocking-couple in that vibrator..) Hmmm - lots of dead links :-/

Oh, the question was?

Dunno about the brawl, but Greg's MO sounds sane enough por moi, expressed with that concision we expect from engineering types. Personally, I much prefer never.. being In A Hurry; going fast for awhile, just because - then dropping below the radar at just over the limit, for cruise (have yet to top out my ride at sea level; it's on the list.)

And at the $5/ level, soon - I expect I'll be seeing little of that dance.
Besides, any I-State cruising is rilly bad for neurons, no matter how palatial inside the coccoon. Brain the size of a planet / ya gets to steer ... ... / ... forever.

My 10/6 + thruppence tip

PS - Oh, one piece of general advice given me eons ago, which I find as fresh today:

You NEVER pass another car / bike / horse at > 15 mph delta-V.
Say you're at the ton acoomin-up on Ma & Pa Kettle at 50 -
You drop to 60ish for the pass.
For all obvious psych (freaking-out) and physics reasons.
(Fangio agrees, too)

Methinks many of those who die on the autobahn are somehow connected to an egomaniac passing at 150, a bunch of folk at 80-100. Dumb. Dead peacock + innocents.

Collapse Edited by Ashton July 14, 2006, 05:34:16 PM EDT
Why.. ya took the words right outta my fingertips -
Alas, while that is a Norton featherbed™ frame, indeed - it contains a twin, looking very like the 650cc Manxman version (?) - the only Norton I bought new. That 650 was a vibrating pig, whereas its predecessor, the 600 Dominator (in featherbed-like frame: which the Manxman did Not feature) was much smoother. (I sent the engine back to Bracebridge Street via Cherry Hill NJ. Months later - not a (t)whit's difference. They coulda saved all that wasted effort / their cost, with a simple snippet of Truthiness: Sorry, it really Is a vibrating pig..

Anyway - it seems to be someone's fairly sanitary special. But sans the DOHC singles which were the only Official "Norton Manx" models - of 350cc (Model 40M) or 500cc (30M) displacement. All pukka Manxes had mag. alloy drum brakes, etc.

Alas, [link|http://www.vintagenet.com/phantom/manxman.html| this] interesting mount of a 650 engine in Dominator frame appears to be missing its pic. Pity. (But I don't think that would cure the rocking-couple in that vibrator..) Hmmm - lots of dead links :-/

Oh, the question was?

Dunno about the brawl, but Greg's MO sounds sane enough por moi, expressed with that concision we expect from engineering types. Personally, I much prefer never.. being In A Hurry; going fast for awhile, just because - then dropping below the radar at just over the limit, for cruise (have yet to top out my ride at sea level; it's on the list.)

And at the $5/ level, soon - I expect I'll be seeing little of that dance.
Besides, any I-State cruising is rilly bad for neurons, no matter how palatial inside the coccoon. Brain the size of a planet / ya gets to steer ... ... / ... forever.

My 10/6 + thruppence tip

time to see how good kia warranty service is - (boxley) - (46)
         Slipping clutch I'd say - worn, oily or jammed linkage. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             What he said. -NT - (folkert)
         Yep, clutch. - (bepatient) - (29)
             I dunno about that - (broomberg) - (25)
                 Sorta what I was thinking - (drewk)
                 No, the cornering stuff was ME. -NT - (folkert) - (23)
                     Greg, you're not the only bad driver on the board. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (22)
                         Whoever said I was bad... - (folkert) - (21)
                             I followed behind you for 300 miles. - (bionerd) - (14)
                                 Too slow? -NT - (Yendor) - (13)
                                     Only when it came to finding the exit ramps. -NT - (bionerd)
                                     When I am following or being followed, I get distracted. - (folkert) - (11)
                                         Is that what you call that? -NT - (drewk)
                                         If being courteous distracts you, that's a problem. -NT - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                             Overly Courteous. - (folkert) - (8)
                                                 Explain, please. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                                     Shhhhh ... listen really hard ... you hear that? - (drewk) - (2)
                                                         Why.. ya took the words right outta my fingertips - - (Ashton)
                                                         Re: Shhhhh ... listen really hard ... you hear that? - (lincoln)
                                                     Bah. Earth raping, oil consuming, smog emitting wankers both - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                         your vehicle costs 60k and gets 6 mpg (bus) :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                             Not since I moved. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                 groceries by delivery? Hows that work? (new thread) - (boxley)
                             Aggressive = bad. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 Okay. Tell that to NASCAR! -NT - (folkert) - (3)
                                     What's that got to do with driving on the road? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         DING! DING! DING! -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                                             Burned! -NT - (pwhysall)
                             I did - (ben_tilly)
             I thought clutches were considered normal deterioration - (hnick) - (2)
                 Well, premature failure is - (folkert) - (1)
                     Mine needs replacing - (Yendor)
         more news - (boxley) - (9)
             Now you see why I didn't buy a Kia -NT - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                 Re: Now you see why I didn't buy a Kia - (lincoln) - (6)
                     Used car? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                         Not everybody uses the dealer exclusively - (lincoln) - (3)
                             You're a contrary sod. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Dealership history isn't real likely around here. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 Re: You're a contrary sod. - (lincoln)
                     Do a carfax search on any potential buy - (ben_tilly)
             Does GA have a Lemon Law? Would that help? -NT - (Another Scott)
         SAGA ends in a half assed draw - (boxley) - (3)
             Oh Yeah, thanx beep -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 We tried...enjoy the ride. Nice to keep the Mrs happy -NT - (bepatient)
             I hope this one treats you better. Luck with your new ride! -NT - (Another Scott)

I can use his toes to plug my holes.
103 ms