IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Check the dates
On May 22 he promised "No pictures today".

On May 23 he gave a picture.

Whatchacomplainingabout?

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Hey, I can complain if I want!
I was already called grumpy once today.
Follow your MOUSE
New And after I let you off easy . . .
. . on the cutting and gutting.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Of course you can...
I was just explaining Andrew's behaviour. He was very precise. He did exactly what he said he would do. And as soon as what he said allowed him to do what you didn't want him to do, he did it.

Just like a small child.

The parallel works pretty well actually - it also includes his delight at showing gross stuff to someone he thinks is squeamish.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Squeemish? I think she's faking it.
Didn't she tell us some time back she disassembling rodents for income? Isn't she the one who told us how much she would miss the annual expedition to capture frogs, newts and salamanders?

Then she tells us she has problems with pictures of fish? I really don't think so.
New I didn't say that she WAS squeamish
Just that you thought she was.

I'm glad that you realized that she isn't.

BTW her ability to humor you by keeping up a good pretense reminds me of some mothers that I've watched. Coincidence?

Cheers,
Ben
New So we play. So sue us.
Some people take this Internet stuff way too seriously, considering so much of it is really "lets pretend".
New Yeah, what he said.
And besides, he's fun to play with.
Follow your MOUSE
New Here's the difference
I can gut, dissect, vivisect, fillet, mince and dice. But I wont eat it. That's the part that makes me squemish. That fish on a cutting board isnt dinner. Trade that cutting board for a dissection tray and you have an ichthyology lab project.
Follow your MOUSE
New Can you cut it for someone ELSE to eat?
New Yes, but
It wouldnt resemble food by the time I was done with it.
Seriously, it doesnt register as being food in my mind. I look at it and automatically run through the taxonomy- Kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species. I consider the features that make that species unique. I dont look at the muscle as something to eat. I look at the striation of the muscle fibers, think about what makes a muscle cell different from other cells, and how the muscle cell differentiated during embryogenesis. I cant eat that. I really am a bionerd.
Follow your MOUSE
New It won't resemble food after they're done with it either :-)
New Clearly you're not a farm girl.
Having spent my childhood on farms, my early orientation is clearly much different from yours. We had a great deal of respect for our critters and took very good care of them, but eventually, they all became dinner.
New Aaaaaaack!!!!!!
We had a great deal of respect for our critters and took very good care of them, but eventually, they all became dinner.

You did that on porpoise!
New Just don't tell him, it'll be OK.
New To quote Bruce the Shark from Finding Nemo-
Fish are friends, not food.
Follow your MOUSE
     Fish - no pictures today . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (36)
         ICLRPD - (ben_tilly)
         If you shape it into a square - (bionerd) - (34)
             Ya know, I haven't had one of those in a while - (drewk)
             Traipse over to McDonalds for those. - (Andrew Grygus) - (32)
                 Spicy Tuna Rolls! -NT - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                     Uh, yeah, the item every sushi bar . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Hey- you promised no pictures! - (bionerd) - (16)
                     Check the dates - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                         Hey, I can complain if I want! - (bionerd) - (14)
                             And after I let you off easy . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                             Of course you can... - (ben_tilly) - (12)
                                 Squeemish? I think she's faking it. - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                                     I didn't say that she WAS squeamish - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                         So we play. So sue us. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             Yeah, what he said. - (bionerd)
                                     Here's the difference - (bionerd) - (7)
                                         Can you cut it for someone ELSE to eat? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                             Yes, but - (bionerd) - (5)
                                                 It won't resemble food after they're done with it either :-) -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                                 Clearly you're not a farm girl. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                     Aaaaaaack!!!!!! - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                                         Just don't tell him, it'll be OK. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                     To quote Bruce the Shark from Finding Nemo- - (bionerd)
                 That Tuna - oh my, what a bloody, sticky mess! - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
                     Tuna steak trick I want to try someday - (drewk) - (1)
                         Blast furnace tuna! - (Andrew Grygus)
                     It was all that myoglobin -NT - (bionerd)
                     Tuna is best rare - (bepatient) - (4)
                         Yeah, rarely eaten! - (imqwerky) - (1)
                             I'm with you, sister. -NT - (bionerd)
                         I likes me some rare tuna. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                             Actually, - (imqwerky)
                     I had some Purple Moon Merlot tonight. Pretty good, I think - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Sounds like you're celebrating to me! - (imqwerky) - (2)
                             I wish. :-( The wife is feeling stressed and crabby tonight. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Sorry to hear that. Hope you and the Mrs. get a break soon. -NT - (imqwerky)

I'll even go so far as to concede that today's postliterate teenagers are already sufficiently impaired by pop culture that anything that serves to make them even more scatterbrained is rather in the way of gilding the lily, and should not be encouraged.
158 ms