IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That wasn't a summary - that was missing the point.
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New No, I didn't.
You missed my point that I made in my initial post, which was that sometimes VC won't do, but most of the time, it will.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Look at who I was responding to
I was responding to Bill Patient's post, not yours.

In other words I wasn't saying that videoconferencing is not often sufficient, I was saying what videoconferencing doesn't provide that physically being there does. (Besides exposure to people's bad breath.)

As for whether videoconferencing is often sufficient, I'd say that that really depends on what you're doing. For instance for a sales person, the act of showing up demonstrates your seriousness. Using videoconferencing suggests that you don't really care. With a big sale, that could be the difference between closing or not closing. Physically shipping sales people around therefore makes a lot of sense.

However for trying to sort out project details, I agree that video conferencing is usually enough.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New ICLRPD that wasn't a summary - that was missing the point. (new thread)
Created as new thread #255143 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=255143|ICLRPD that wasn't a summary - that was missing the point.]
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
     Executives Take Company Planes as if Their Own - (bluke) - (31)
         Boy, is that backwards - (drewk) - (16)
             Convert their salaries to wages. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                 If you look at it that way, Blue Star Jets makes more sense. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     Yes, this is something that should be outsourced - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                         I've seen this once - (bepatient) - (5)
                             Wanna bet the chairman made more than 200K? :-P -NT - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                 Yes he did. I did the budgets. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                     But it was for you. :-P - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                         Too low on the totem poll to bitch - (bepatient) - (1)
                                             Random thought... - (ben_tilly)
                 True, but ... - (drewk)
                 Sorry. No. You are not correct. - (bepatient) - (5)
                     If time is money, it most certainly is more efficient. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         VLJs are not corporate jets. - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Now you're completely wrong. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 Not really - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Or Hawkers, Lears, Cessna Citations, etc. - (mmoffitt)
         Two Words - (pwhysall) - (13)
             And there are some very cool solutions - (bepatient) - (10)
                 Two things they lack: - (admin) - (2)
                     Also, a key element, unacknowledged by many but definitely - (jake123)
                     Also, could be recorded! -NT - (broomberg)
                 They are missing some other things as well - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                     That was exactly my point -NT - (jake123)
                     So, to summarise: - (pwhysall) - (4)
                         That wasn't a summary - that was missing the point. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             No, I didn't. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Look at who I was responding to - (ben_tilly)
                             ICLRPD that wasn't a summary - that was missing the point. (new thread) - (boxley)
             Very hard to video conference golf -NT - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 Golden Tee. -NT - (jake123)

It's like Parkay: You think it's LRPD, but it's not.
184 ms