Hi,

Money is important, I want to be able to earn $50,000USD a year or more. At least I'd like to. I may have to settle for less, if I work in a video store or something.

You're confusing wants and needs.

If your baseline expenses for a year require that you take home $25,000 a year, and you get a job that lets you take home $24,999 a year, then your needs aren't being met. You shouldn't take such a job because it doesn't meet your needs. You have to figure out what you need in a job. Needs must be satisfied. Wants are optional.

If you think you need $50,000 a year, and you think you need to stay in STL, and you think you need to work in IT, and you're unable to find anything suitable, then something has to change. That's just the way job searches are sometimes.

If you need a job to pay the bills while you wait for something else, then that's different from needing a good job to advance your career.

You need to figure out what you're looking for. Saying "I'm looking for a job" isn't going to help you when you go on an interview if you're looking for more than something to pay the bills temporarily.

Nobody here can tell you what you need. You have to figure that out yourself.

Hang in there, and best of luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who's just trying to help.)