Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: We are at war with an ideology
Hi, I am the Egyptian Muslim

First, I wouldn't mind, if the americans were like,
"We don't like how Arabs think, we won't do business with them"
but they don't!

First I doubt you know how we think? 2nd I doubt we know how we think? and I doubt that when we learn how we think, that it will just be one thing.

Also, I doubt that the american are at all serious about any idealogy, which means, I doubt they know how they think.

I think this is just a matter of racist pride, american are okay, if the arabs buy their products, but they seem to hate to buy our products!

But even this isnt exactly true, american seem to like egyptian cotton, and arabian horses, and I know that 10% of egypt exports goes to USA.

So whats the deal here, except maybe irrational hate and fear, mainly due, to the lack of idealogy, not the existance of one.
New Missed my point
The US is currently engaged in a Sisyphean "War on Terror". The other participants in this confict tend to be mid-Eastern muslims.

These would be the same whackos that have been burning buildings and killing people over a cartoon. This behaviour was evidently instigated by governments or religious leaders for their own ends. The same instigation could be used to close or destroy our ports if these governments/leaders got significant control over said ports.

Denying control of the ports to the UAE is not a matter of racism but intelligent self interest. It has nothing to do with Arab thought processes but recent behaviour. Personally, I think the ports are too critical a resource to outsource to anybody.

This last bit:

So whats the deal here, except maybe irrational hate and fear, mainly due, to the lack of idealogy, not the existance of one.
amuses me. What makes you think that people can't think critically without an idealogy? If everybody was muslim, there wouldn't be any need to kill them? It hasn't worked that way in the past, and doesn't appear to be working now.
New Re: Missed my point
If everybody was muslim, there wouldn't be any need to kill them? It hasn't worked that way in the past, and doesn't appear to be working now.
The "amusing" thing here is that the Quran considers Christians and Jews to be "protected peoples". Too bad its followers don't too.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I don't like the fear
inculated and then used by our current administration - but here's another aspect to consider:

Suppose this goes through.

Suppose something 'bad' happens - even if it would have happened anyway, under US supervision.

What do you suppose the US reaction would be?

:-(

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Possibly....
What do you suppose the US reaction would be?

Thank you Mr. Bush for saving us?

(Where's the sign?)
New Welcome aboard.
Hope you stick around, we could use some fresh blood in here. Gotta warn you, you're going to get pounded on, but having an alternative point of view should be interesting. Note that we do pound on each other with regular frequency as well...

Thought I'd offer you these thoughts:

1. I'm agnostic.
2. I have a very strong ideology about what is right and wrong. One of these things that I have a strong belief in is that blind acceptance of faith, without regards to one's fellow people, is dangerous. I don't limit this to Islam; see David Koresh, Aum Shinrikyo, Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, etc.
3. I see in most religions today a conflict between reality and dogma - the conflict appears most intense in Islam, but I see it in most religions, especially religions that derive in some form or another from Christianity.
4. I don't really care who we trade with, as long as the people we trade with treat their people with dignity, respect, and allow those people a free voice to speak their minds, follow their own religions, and choose their own way of behavior, regardless of how distasteful it may be, as long as the safety of others isn't violated.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New He's been here for almost 3 years
Where you been?
New Apparently, not paying attention. :P
     Letting the UAE run our ports? - (marlowe) - (13)
         re: Bill Tierney - (Another Scott)
         We've had foreigners 'in charge' of our ports for years - (bepatient) - (9)
             We are at war with an ideology - (hnick) - (8)
                 Re: We are at war with an ideology - (systems) - (7)
                     Missed my point - (hnick) - (1)
                         Re: Missed my point - (admin)
                     I don't like the fear - (imric) - (1)
                         Possibly.... - (Simon_Jester)
                     Welcome aboard. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                         He's been here for almost 3 years - (broomberg) - (1)
                             Apparently, not paying attention. :P -NT - (inthane-chan)
         aw, geez... - (rcareaga) - (1)
             And that surprises you how? -NT - (jb4)

I didn't think people ate those...
80 ms