IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ID is supernatural by definition
ID implies a designer.

A designer is a creator.

Well, ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long, you've just found God.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New That's just a fortunate side effect.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Not it's not.
Anybody who comes out with "ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long" is not bringing good fortune to anyone around them.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New I see I need to expand my Ministry.
After all, if you believe in ID, then it's entirely feasible that Jesus built your hotrod.

Peter
New I beleive he did, parts stamped made in mexico
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New That would be where every third guy is named Jesus?
I know, different pronunciation
New Philistine.

Peter
New Damn! You mean Janis Joplin was RIGHT?!?
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Creator need not be supernatural. May be ultra-tech aliens.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New And they were 'designed' to produce us, of course...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New ID makes no assertian of the designer, designed or not.
Although the ID advocates have a blatant, religious agenda, ID itself was written to have no religious aspect at all. This is an attempt to circumvent the ban on teaching religion in public schools. ID is not supernatural by definition. Claiming the ultra-tech alien designers evolved by natural selection would not contradict ID itself.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
New Except it's basic tenet . . .
. . that something as complex and organized as an ultra-tech alien capable of creating us could come about without a creator. How many levels do you want to push this back to delay uncovering the final absurdity?

My own opinion is just the opposite of ID, that life on Earth is far too complex and intertwined to have been designed - it could only have evolved.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New That's an extrapolation of ID itself, not a basic tenet.
Although the ID advocates believe the designer is their god, ID does not describe he/she/it/them beyond being intelligent. ID is supernatural by implication, not definition.

And I agree, the richness and interdependency of life on Earth makes it implausible that it was designed.
Matthew Greet

New Here's you task for today, grasshopper:
Go find your friendly, neighborhood, neocon fundie whackjob ID proponent, and get him/her to agree, without reservation, to your previous post. We await your report....
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New You forgot: bring a bodyguard -
Some of these folks get Violent when you come near their fav topic, the Prince of Peace.

<Spock on> It is not logical. But it is often true.</Spock>

New What does the Prince of Peace have to do with ID?
Oh...that's right...

Mever mind....!
jb4

New Nothing at all - we're talking GOD here . . .
. . the "Vengeful Smiter" who is "God the creator". That kid didn't create noth'n 'cept trouble.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Heard a lengthy discussion re Yahweh -
as bein pretty much what you said -- not 'God\ufffd' but a kind of pixie, droppin in for inspections. It seems that in the Judaeo early versions, all intermixed with Greek and other: there are at least three other entities vying for the CIEIO title. (The speaker was pissed, saying that #1 has been AWOL; the Covenant wasn't being honored by the *#1, so ... what matters 'faith' that it will/would be? etc.)

* Specifically (he sez), #1 declared, via I Am That I Am - that "S/He would show up if and when S/He Chooses" ==> ergo, that includes never.

cha cha and cha

I do love these monographs re internecine squabbles about Whom you should kill today, for dissin *your* fav Peace Loving construct - today, or thousands of yesterdays ago. Then.. when I'm off-the-wall, I can say: well, at least there are some in need of even more therapeutic endorphins than moi.

- so maybe it's OK for me to invite a zealot for lunch. There's even a forum with recipes. Roti? saut\ufffd appears popular with the Faithful: for others. But I'm pretty clumsy in the kitchen.
New look it doesnt apply to you gentiles, its a realestate
transaction, in exchange for some specific dirt, judeah only, in exhange for observing some laws and not praising other agents in the vicinity the tenants get to camp there forever. If the laws are broken or ignored, tenant pretends there is no landlord he kicks them out until he deems them sufficiently remorseful then gives it back. Thats the covenant. Nothing else. Now all you gentiles have your own problems including believing that the covnent extended to someone else is provided with no fees just a weekly mea culpa and you expect to own the whole damn thing. Sorry it doesnt work that way. Same with the other bone headed followers of a long haul camel jockey. Go get your own god.
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New DPRLCI (new thread)
Created as new thread #237830 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=237830|DPRLCI]
New Nothing wrong with a creator
As long as it's a black box for damnifiknow
It's only when somebody KNOWS what the black box wants everybody to do that it becomes a problem.
     If you think being anti-OOP is controversial.... - (tablizer) - (113)
         well that pretty much sinks ID :-) - (boxley) - (100)
             No, it is not a "soft" science - (ben_tilly) - (74)
                 it is a philosophy, noted soft science much like psychology - (boxley) - (73)
                     how about theology. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                         subscience of philosophy -NT - (boxley)
                     No, it isn't. - (pwhysall) - (20)
                         Is sociology a science? -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                             In places, yes. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 In part it is the same methodology - (bepatient)
                         point out differences between the examples - (boxley) - (16)
                             ID starts with a creator. - (pwhysall) - (15)
                                 Not really - (bepatient) - (14)
                                     And how is that not creationism? - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                         No. Well, sorta. - (drewk) - (4)
                                             How is a designer not a creator? -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                 If the universe designed itself in a fit of recursion -NT - (ChrisR)
                                                 That's what ID people say, and why I didn't say it - (drewk)
                                             Re: No. Well, sorta. - (danreck)
                                         Minor difference - (bepatient) - (7)
                                             Same difference - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                                 No again - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                     No again - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                         Sturgeon? -NT - (jake123)
                                                         (Could be fun - with chromosomes.) -NT - (Ashton)
                                                         If there is significance to the variable names, then - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                             It's fun seeing people guess but... - (ben_tilly)
                     I feel that the other examples are not sciences either - (ben_tilly) - (48)
                         Agreed, social science might be a better descriptive - (boxley) - (47)
                             You are right that those are missing... - (ben_tilly) - (46)
                                 Not interested enough to read the literature :-) - (boxley) - (45)
                                     Thats the issue - (bepatient) - (44)
                                         Can ID be experimentally disproven? - (imric) - (43)
                                             disagree - (boxley) - (31)
                                                 Don't think so. - (imric) - (30)
                                                     if you can predict results from the patterns then - (boxley) - (29)
                                                         Nope. That's just genetics. ID is not genetics. - (imric) - (28)
                                                             Q for ID-ers: How I is the D of, say, flightless birds? -NT - (Meerkat) - (27)
                                                                 I always use hemroids. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                 gotta have something easy to catch and consume - (boxley)
                                                                 Intelligent Design is a dead give away... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                                                     Don't forget the other moral of the example you are quoting - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                         Or even - - (Ashton)
                                                                 HD - Halfwit Design - (tablizer) - (21)
                                                                     ID is supernatural by definition - (pwhysall) - (20)
                                                                         That's just a fortunate side effect. -NT - (drewk) - (6)
                                                                             Not it's not. - (jake123) - (5)
                                                                                 I see I need to expand my Ministry. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                                                     I beleive he did, parts stamped made in mexico -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                         That would be where every third guy is named Jesus? - (hnick)
                                                                                         Philistine. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                                                     Damn! You mean Janis Joplin was RIGHT?!? -NT - (jb4)
                                                                         Creator need not be supernatural. May be ultra-tech aliens. -NT - (warmachine) - (11)
                                                                             And they were 'designed' to produce us, of course... -NT - (imric) - (10)
                                                                                 ID makes no assertian of the designer, designed or not. - (warmachine) - (9)
                                                                                     Except it's basic tenet . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                                         That's an extrapolation of ID itself, not a basic tenet. - (warmachine)
                                                                                     Here's you task for today, grasshopper: - (jb4) - (6)
                                                                                         You forgot: bring a bodyguard - - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                                                             What does the Prince of Peace have to do with ID? - (jb4) - (4)
                                                                                                 Nothing at all - we're talking GOD here . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                                                                     Heard a lengthy discussion re Yahweh - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                                         look it doesnt apply to you gentiles, its a realestate - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                             DPRLCI (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                                                         Nothing wrong with a creator - (hnick)
                                             Post of the Week (and it's only Tuesday...)! - (jb4)
                                             Falsifiable, Trueifiable - (tablizer) - (9)
                                                 Patterns... Pattern institute? - (imric) - (8)
                                                     fairies exist, saw one once - (boxley) - (7)
                                                         heh, knew where that was going -NT - (bepatient)
                                                         So the teacher asks the kid - (hnick)
                                                         They wear boots - ya gotta believe... -NT - (imric) - (3)
                                                             I saw it I saw it with my own two eyes -NT - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                 Well all right now! -NT - (imric)
                                                             And around here they ride Harleys. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                         Me too...I watch Bravo.... -NT - (jb4)
                     What's in a name? - (ChrisR)
             Google 'ontological proof of god' for some pithy links - (Ashton) - (4)
                 see my answer to Ben, -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     Unsatisfying, just word/def'n pandering. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         look, if some mook wants to look at dna - (boxley) - (1)
                             Quite right-enough - (Ashton)
             Sep. of church/state laws don't govern philosophy - (tablizer) - (19)
                 It's FRAUD if you call it science instead of philosophy. -NT - (imric) - (18)
                     then psychology is fraud -NT - (boxley) - (17)
                         This is news? -NT - (ben_tilly)
                         Soft science. - (imric)
                         That would be "Psychology is FREUD" - (imqwerky) - (14)
                             accuse me? - (boxley) - (12)
                                 No, he didn't - (Ashton)
                                 I'm still not getting the connection... - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                     Negative. - (imric) - (8)
                                         OK... - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                             OT branch - (imric) - (5)
                                                 Damn Scientologists - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                     ROFL! -NT - (imric)
                                                     Anyone catch "Last Laugh 2005" over the weekend? - (drewk) - (2)
                                                         Yep. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                             Ronnie, walking around, would scare me too... - (hnick)
                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
                                 Not accusing you. - (imqwerky)
                             More like: Freud (pronounced: "fraud") - (jb4)
         Just saying "I think it's science"... - (pwhysall) - (2)
             ID ain't Physics. It's Meta-Physics. - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 \ufffdPrecisam\ufffdnte! - and before you start in that field - (Ashton)
         intelligent design: the agenda - (rcareaga) - (5)
             And around and around.. - (Ashton)
             300 years after the Enlightenment and we still get this. -NT - (warmachine)
             This crap pisses me off - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 religion is an opiate for the sociopaths? probably -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Not just sociopaths, everybody ;0) - (mmoffitt)
         I'm not persuaded. 47 kB .img - (Another Scott)
         God-Man\ufffd explains finally.. how it works - (Ashton) - (1)
             I like the non sequitor version better - (boxley)

Just playing with your LRPD addiction...
172 ms