IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If there is significance to the variable names, then
X + Y = 3 (or more)
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New It's fun seeing people guess but...
my thinking was straightforward.

Y = "Why"

X = "Unknown" *

Cheers,
Ben

* One could also say that X stands for "wrong", but that is just biased.
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     If you think being anti-OOP is controversial.... - (tablizer) - (113)
         well that pretty much sinks ID :-) - (boxley) - (100)
             No, it is not a "soft" science - (ben_tilly) - (74)
                 it is a philosophy, noted soft science much like psychology - (boxley) - (73)
                     how about theology. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                         subscience of philosophy -NT - (boxley)
                     No, it isn't. - (pwhysall) - (20)
                         Is sociology a science? -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                             In places, yes. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 In part it is the same methodology - (bepatient)
                         point out differences between the examples - (boxley) - (16)
                             ID starts with a creator. - (pwhysall) - (15)
                                 Not really - (bepatient) - (14)
                                     And how is that not creationism? - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                         No. Well, sorta. - (drewk) - (4)
                                             How is a designer not a creator? -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                 If the universe designed itself in a fit of recursion -NT - (ChrisR)
                                                 That's what ID people say, and why I didn't say it - (drewk)
                                             Re: No. Well, sorta. - (danreck)
                                         Minor difference - (bepatient) - (7)
                                             Same difference - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                                 No again - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                     No again - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                         Sturgeon? -NT - (jake123)
                                                         (Could be fun - with chromosomes.) -NT - (Ashton)
                                                         If there is significance to the variable names, then - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                                             It's fun seeing people guess but... - (ben_tilly)
                     I feel that the other examples are not sciences either - (ben_tilly) - (48)
                         Agreed, social science might be a better descriptive - (boxley) - (47)
                             You are right that those are missing... - (ben_tilly) - (46)
                                 Not interested enough to read the literature :-) - (boxley) - (45)
                                     Thats the issue - (bepatient) - (44)
                                         Can ID be experimentally disproven? - (imric) - (43)
                                             disagree - (boxley) - (31)
                                                 Don't think so. - (imric) - (30)
                                                     if you can predict results from the patterns then - (boxley) - (29)
                                                         Nope. That's just genetics. ID is not genetics. - (imric) - (28)
                                                             Q for ID-ers: How I is the D of, say, flightless birds? -NT - (Meerkat) - (27)
                                                                 I always use hemroids. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                 gotta have something easy to catch and consume - (boxley)
                                                                 Intelligent Design is a dead give away... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                                                     Don't forget the other moral of the example you are quoting - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                         Or even - - (Ashton)
                                                                 HD - Halfwit Design - (tablizer) - (21)
                                                                     ID is supernatural by definition - (pwhysall) - (20)
                                                                         That's just a fortunate side effect. -NT - (drewk) - (6)
                                                                             Not it's not. - (jake123) - (5)
                                                                                 I see I need to expand my Ministry. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                                                     I beleive he did, parts stamped made in mexico -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                         That would be where every third guy is named Jesus? - (hnick)
                                                                                         Philistine. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                                                     Damn! You mean Janis Joplin was RIGHT?!? -NT - (jb4)
                                                                         Creator need not be supernatural. May be ultra-tech aliens. -NT - (warmachine) - (11)
                                                                             And they were 'designed' to produce us, of course... -NT - (imric) - (10)
                                                                                 ID makes no assertian of the designer, designed or not. - (warmachine) - (9)
                                                                                     Except it's basic tenet . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                                         That's an extrapolation of ID itself, not a basic tenet. - (warmachine)
                                                                                     Here's you task for today, grasshopper: - (jb4) - (6)
                                                                                         You forgot: bring a bodyguard - - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                                                             What does the Prince of Peace have to do with ID? - (jb4) - (4)
                                                                                                 Nothing at all - we're talking GOD here . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                                                                     Heard a lengthy discussion re Yahweh - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                                         look it doesnt apply to you gentiles, its a realestate - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                             DPRLCI (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                                                         Nothing wrong with a creator - (hnick)
                                             Post of the Week (and it's only Tuesday...)! - (jb4)
                                             Falsifiable, Trueifiable - (tablizer) - (9)
                                                 Patterns... Pattern institute? - (imric) - (8)
                                                     fairies exist, saw one once - (boxley) - (7)
                                                         heh, knew where that was going -NT - (bepatient)
                                                         So the teacher asks the kid - (hnick)
                                                         They wear boots - ya gotta believe... -NT - (imric) - (3)
                                                             I saw it I saw it with my own two eyes -NT - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                 Well all right now! -NT - (imric)
                                                             And around here they ride Harleys. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                         Me too...I watch Bravo.... -NT - (jb4)
                     What's in a name? - (ChrisR)
             Google 'ontological proof of god' for some pithy links - (Ashton) - (4)
                 see my answer to Ben, -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     Unsatisfying, just word/def'n pandering. - (Ashton) - (2)
                         look, if some mook wants to look at dna - (boxley) - (1)
                             Quite right-enough - (Ashton)
             Sep. of church/state laws don't govern philosophy - (tablizer) - (19)
                 It's FRAUD if you call it science instead of philosophy. -NT - (imric) - (18)
                     then psychology is fraud -NT - (boxley) - (17)
                         This is news? -NT - (ben_tilly)
                         Soft science. - (imric)
                         That would be "Psychology is FREUD" - (imqwerky) - (14)
                             accuse me? - (boxley) - (12)
                                 No, he didn't - (Ashton)
                                 I'm still not getting the connection... - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                     Negative. - (imric) - (8)
                                         OK... - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                             OT branch - (imric) - (5)
                                                 Damn Scientologists - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                     ROFL! -NT - (imric)
                                                     Anyone catch "Last Laugh 2005" over the weekend? - (drewk) - (2)
                                                         Yep. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                             Ronnie, walking around, would scare me too... - (hnick)
                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
                                 Not accusing you. - (imqwerky)
                             More like: Freud (pronounced: "fraud") - (jb4)
         Just saying "I think it's science"... - (pwhysall) - (2)
             ID ain't Physics. It's Meta-Physics. - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 \ufffdPrecisam\ufffdnte! - and before you start in that field - (Ashton)
         intelligent design: the agenda - (rcareaga) - (5)
             And around and around.. - (Ashton)
             300 years after the Enlightenment and we still get this. -NT - (warmachine)
             This crap pisses me off - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 religion is an opiate for the sociopaths? probably -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Not just sociopaths, everybody ;0) - (mmoffitt)
         I'm not persuaded. 47 kB .img - (Another Scott)
         God-Man\ufffd explains finally.. how it works - (Ashton) - (1)
             I like the non sequitor version better - (boxley)

"Lord Vetinari won't stop at sarcasm. He might use" -- Colon swallowed -- "irony."
140 ms