IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Weak Google-fu?
[link|http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/25/news/fortune500/holiday_walmart_promotions/|Here it is on CNN Money]:
CNN showed video from affiliate WFTV of shoppers scuffling at a Wal-Mart store in Orlando, Fla., with an eyewitness saying laptops were being thrown "20 feet in the air and people were collapsing on each other to grab them. It was ridiculous."
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Thanks, Alex
I actually tried several combinations after hearing part of the story on our local news, but couldn't find it. Maybe it was too soon, or something. And the stupid story still doesn't tell me WHO was throwing the laptops.

That was what I wondered. Were the employees flinging them at people to keep the crowds back, or were shoppers throwing them in the air, and for what?

Weird....

Thanks, both you guys.

"I'll rock the darn boat all I want to, and if it's meant to stay afloat, then it will. If not, then we'll just all go down with the bloody ship!"
New When you visit the Zoo -
do you wonder exactly what's on the minds of the monkeys gleefully pissing on the watchers?

Sometimes the precise psych name for a certain variety of Madness is ~ irrelevant, y'know?

(I'll bet that, were these $100 kitchen knives marked down to $7.99 + 18 rebates; and someone tossed one of the 3 way up in the air: several would be waiting right underneath to Get Theirs. Hmmmm. if they fell just right - maybe 3 Darwin Awards for one knife: thus making it too, into Guiness: some sort of Trifecta?)

New Nope
Monkeys aren't supposed to make sense, but people are.

Brenda

"I'll rock the darn boat all I want to, and if it's meant to stay afloat, then it will. If not, then we'll just all go down with the bloody ship!"
New You left out the obvious: Employees throwing them in the air
Featherbrain hoots:
That was what I wondered. Were the employees flinging them at people to keep the crowds back, or were shoppers throwing them in the air, and for what?
Why didn't you mention the possibility that springs immediately to mind: That it was the employees throwing them in the air, for a kind of lottery as to which customer catches one?

(Haven't you ever been to a wedding? Hey, haven't you had one -- what did you do with your bouquet?)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Yes Mr. Garrison, genetic engineering lets us correct God's horrible, horrible mistakes, like German people. - [link|http://maxpages.com/southpark2k/Episode_105|Mr. Hat]
New True
Featherbrain hoots:
Why didn't you mention the possibility that springs immediately to mind: That it was the employees throwing them in the air, for a kind of lottery as to which customer catches one?

Actually, yes I did think about that... only problem was, these are laptops. Not conducive to being thrown and or dropped... wouldn't they break if someone missed them? So to me, the employees throwing them didn't make any sense.

(Haven't you ever been to a wedding? Hey, haven't you had one -- what did you do with your bouquet?)

I did a sexy choreographed garter removal process to the song, "She's Got Legs", showing a lot of leg, and then as follows suit, tossed my bouquet. But bouquets don't break or have little sensitive electronics inside. ;)

Brenda

Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 28, 2005, 01:05:49 PM EST
New Guess:Such a throng, there's no room for 'em to reach floor.
New One concept, yes
Conrad wrote:>>Re: Guess:Such a throng, there's no room for 'em to reach floor.<<

But man, what if they hit someone on the head, I mean imagine the lawsuits!

Ah well, people really do stupid things sometimes.

Brenda

Ok, I suppose I'm asking for it now - (bepatient) - (24)
         Wal-mart shoppers - (tuberculosis)
         Of course in a similar story last year it turned out . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             How about the employees? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 If there were no shoppers, things would change - (tuberculosis)
         Actually, you were doing just fine, until... - (jb4)
         First off, it's not Walmart fault (imo) - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
             The stories I've read - (bepatient) - (3)
                 Well, those mega-retailers are a key part . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     And a big desire to "build excitement" -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                         Theres nothing like a sale... - (bepatient)
         "...hoping to snag some of the doorbuster specials..." - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Her being there at 5 am is easy to understand. - (mmoffitt)
         We never shop on Black Friday - (Nightowl) - (9)
             Here ya go. - (Another Scott)
             Weak Google-fu? - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                 Thanks, Alex - (Nightowl) - (6)
                     When you visit the Zoo - - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Nope - (Nightowl)
                     You left out the obvious: Employees throwing them in the air - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         True - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Guess:Such a throng, there's no room for 'em to reach floor. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 One concept, yes - (Nightowl)
         Both are at fault. - (admin) - (1)
             Deeper, perhaps? - (Ashton)

Dude.
95 ms