IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Of course in a similar story last year it turned out . . .
. . the "injured" party was perpetrating a fraud.

On the other hand, I have no sympathy for either WalMart or their shoppers. They deserve each other.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New How about the employees?
I agree that Walmart and its shoppers both suck. However both take large fractions of their suckage out on Walmart employees, who in my opinion don't actually deserve the treatment.

If the CEO and other higher ups at Walmart were the ones who directly got grief from Walmart shoppers, I'd wholeheartedly agree with you. But they don't. They just see the profits.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New If there were no shoppers, things would change
Just watched the walmart documentary - what a rotten company. Apparently walmart parking lots are among the finest places to commit crimes - no security to speak of. The crooks and rapists know this too. Crime rate in the lots is sky high.

OTOH, security is a little better if the store has crushed the union. Mention 'union' and they'll install $100k+ in cameras and surveillance all over the store and parking lot and use it until the threat passes. Then they stop manning the cameras again.

Walmart needs to face a significant drop in sales and even more opposition to new stores. Shopping walmart is supporting slavery.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:40:08 PM EDT
     Ok, I suppose I'm asking for it now - (bepatient) - (24)
         Wal-mart shoppers - (tuberculosis)
         Of course in a similar story last year it turned out . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             How about the employees? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 If there were no shoppers, things would change - (tuberculosis)
         Actually, you were doing just fine, until... - (jb4)
         First off, it's not Walmart fault (imo) - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
             The stories I've read - (bepatient) - (3)
                 Well, those mega-retailers are a key part . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     And a big desire to "build excitement" -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                         Theres nothing like a sale... - (bepatient)
         "...hoping to snag some of the doorbuster specials..." - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Her being there at 5 am is easy to understand. - (mmoffitt)
         We never shop on Black Friday - (Nightowl) - (9)
             Here ya go. - (Another Scott)
             Weak Google-fu? - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                 Thanks, Alex - (Nightowl) - (6)
                     When you visit the Zoo - - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Nope - (Nightowl)
                     You left out the obvious: Employees throwing them in the air - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         True - (Nightowl) - (2)
                             Guess:Such a throng, there's no room for 'em to reach floor. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 One concept, yes - (Nightowl)
         Both are at fault. - (admin) - (1)
             Deeper, perhaps? - (Ashton)

Nobody can spell “fuchsia”.
103 ms