IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have no trouble with Indian Accents or chinese. You guys
remind me of an American Tourist on a bus in Montreal hollering about all the disrepectful Canadians who were speaking french instead of english around him. To understand someones accent requires the ability to listen, carefully. Most folks think that if it doesnt sound like they talk listen less not more. and complain about it.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New On accents...
I have no problem with them, since I know my own english is kind of strange...

I had two Japanese friends that I used as a perfect comparison. One of them had PERFECT grammer and pronunciation, but you could tell she wasn't a native speaker in about a minute of talking to her.

The other had a horrendous accent, and her grammar wasn't all that hot, but you'd forget after about thirty seconds - because she had mastered the slang, and sounded like somebody born here, instead of there.

Go figure. :)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     The Chinese are coming, the Chinese are coming! - (a6l6e6x) - (32)
         I'd better learn Chinese - (nking)
         Simple as A-B-C - (kmself) - (29)
             Yes, a high wall indeed. - (Andrew Grygus) - (28)
                 Speaking of becoming less Chinese - (marlowe) - (27)
                     Chinese and Indians - (nking) - (8)
                         Now's the time to give him a call. - (Meerkat)
                         Interesting. - (wharris2) - (6)
                             Re: Interesting. - (pwhysall)
                             Have you wondered whether the fault is with you? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                 Could very well be. - (wharris2) - (3)
                                     Being Canadian may help - (ben_tilly)
                                     Or if you'd seen more artsy furrin sub-titled films, even... -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         Those artsy fartsy things? - (wharris2)
                     Interesting - and totally Politically Incorrect . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                         that does not have to do with race - (boxley) - (4)
                             Yep. - (admin)
                             Not so quick . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Remonds me of a paragraph from little big man - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Whites, Injuns, and Watches - that reminds me... - (CRConrad)
                     That's not so much "better" English the Han are speaking... - (CRConrad) - (9)
                         Perfectly correct Hindu English? - (marlowe) - (8)
                             Do you mean Hinglish? - (a6l6e6x)
                             Still symptoms of the same phenomenon, I'd guess. - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                 Effort to learn a language. - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                     To say it in Oxlish, "Ed Zachary"! :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     One was enuf (WTF happened?); someone admidelete this please -NT - (CRConrad)
                                 I think it's partially the natural Chinese manner - (marlowe) - (2)
                                     There's another aspect to that one, I think. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Yeah, like I said. - (marlowe)
                     I have no trouble with Indian Accents or chinese. You guys - (boxley) - (1)
                         On accents... - (inthane-chan)
         Take more then 5-10 years - (JayMehaffey)

I can only take so much at one sitting!
103 ms