IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: I'm sorry.
Here are a few movies that might take your mind off things....All of them are entertaining, some have wonderful messages, some are silly. They're all a change of pace from Star Wars.

Thanks, list is noted. :) We're not at a loss for funny comedies though, we have slews of them taped in the other room waited to be seen. We just never have a chance. Maybe we can get some watched in December when he goes on vacation.

It's really not Star Wars: ROTS's fault. It always did it before. The heart pounding excitement the space opera escape... I think it just can't today because I'm so sad I can't see beyond the tragedy that it truly is about.

I suspect if I tried to watch Titanic the same thing would happen, I would only see the dead people... not the heart of the film.

So it's obviously time to find a plan C. I wanted to see Valiant, but it went away from the theaters and doesn't come out till Dec. (sigh). But John's off tomorrow and maybe we can find something to do that works.

I don't want to preach again, so I'll just point you to [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=217422|this] post from about 3 months ago.

And I appreciate the reminder. At least though, mom and I are better. We're almost fixed. It's Katie and I who aren't. She wanted to talk to me yesterday at mom's house, and I didn't want to say no, then she starts screaming at me on the phone the minute I say something she doesn't like...

I didn't stop shaking for hours. I've had more panic attacks in the last few days than I've had for years. And I even almost beaned my car in the windshield with a huge railroad tie on my parent's driveway, because somehow the front tire hit the end of it (it lines the driveway) and it flipped straight up in the air in front of my car. Thank God it didn't hit me or the car, but talk about panic city after that.... sheesh. I had to calm down in order to drive home.

Then mom and dad had a car accident last night, so I was afraid it was all this stress. But dad insists it wasn't.
EDIT: At least no one was hurt, thank God, and no serious damages.

And then starting at 1:40 a.m. until 6:30 a.m., mom and I talked all night long, calmly, not fighting, but both of us near tears several times wishing we just knew what to do to fix this. But at least we're back on track with one another.

I was better a day ago, I was getting up at 9:30 a.m. again for the first time in months... I had a little spring in my step, I was singing to the birdie..

I just have to find that part of me again.

Hang in there. Make time for yourself and enjoy yourself for a change. :-)

Thanks, I'll try again. I honestly thought seeing my DVD would do it, but obviously it can't right now.

Brenda

"I'll rock the darn boat all I want to, and if it's meant to stay afloat, then it will. If not, then we'll just all go down with the bloody ship!"
Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 10, 2005, 06:25:36 PM EST
Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 10, 2005, 08:14:48 PM EST
New The LRPD chimes in with some advice for the next
smarmy one demanding Your time (and that you Listen to Their indignation) -

I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me.

You need a stock of 'terminal' one-liners.. then the moxie to Hang Up. 3 of those in a row and they'll get the message even through their rilly-Dim jelloware -

Nobody fucks with Paul Lazzarro Owlet!

(And if you never saw Slaughterhouse Five, you're a retard -- Rent It and try to see [really See] a different angle on all this BS about 'time'; forget what you thought you knew about that -- this will also help in your imagination that you Must Schedule Things... and for Everybody.)

Imagining that Time must be accounted for and fit schedules (especially the schedules of Others), along with the idea that the Value (!) of important things in Life is measured by $$ -- turns ordinary semi-bright caring, honorable people into Republicans; their scripture is the spreadsheet and their agenda is regularly entered into a little Appointments book
(and today, into all kinds of transistorized substitutes with alarms and other Nags.)

Just because millions have no idea what the Present Moment [*] is For - does not mean that you must join in their toxic rat race; only lemmings imagine that Crowds are Smart.

Get Smart -OR- Suffer - it is Always Your Call. Every second..

New So Long - And Thanks For All the Fish!
I recommend Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to Take Your Mind Off Things, really off.

I'm still laughing about the flyswatters on the Vogan planet. And I watched the movie 2 months ago.
Priceless.

Glen Austin
Expand Edited by gdaustin Nov. 12, 2005, 10:57:05 AM EST
New Hey, I still think digital watches are a neat idea!
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New ZSWWAAAASLAP!
Got you!
New Not only that, but I want one for xmas.
One that does heartrate/BP, and stuff.

For the gym, honest. Not for any geeky reasons, oh no sir.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
     Pain, terrible pain... - (Nightowl) - (55)
         I prescribe a double shot - (Silverlock) - (5)
             Not theThree Stooges. That's a guy thing. - (bionerd) - (4)
                 Yeah, and everyone dies at the end, real uplifting -NT - (drewk) - (3)
                     Not *everyone* dies. - (bionerd) - (1)
                         Re: Not *everyone* dies. - (Nightowl)
                     Worked in Blackadder -NT - (SpiceWare)
         I'm sorry. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Re: I'm sorry. - (Nightowl) - (5)
                 The LRPD chimes in with some advice for the next - (Ashton)
                 So Long - And Thanks For All the Fish! - (gdaustin) - (3)
                     Hey, I still think digital watches are a neat idea! -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                         ZSWWAAAASLAP! - (gdaustin)
                         Not only that, but I want one for xmas. - (pwhysall)
         Spaceballs - (imqwerky) - (24)
             Add sex to the prescription. -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (23)
                 Believe me, we've been trying! ;) -NT - (Nightowl) - (8)
                     "Do or do not... there is no try." - Yoda -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                     So....what's been going wrong? - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                         NO! For the love of whatever you hold holy, don't answer. -NT - (drewk)
                         I wondered - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                             Did I mention - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 Sorry to hear that - (Nightowl)
                         Two simple things - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             Reminds me of a Gary Shandling joke - (tuberculosis)
                 Oh sure, bring that up. - (bionerd) - (13)
                     Ummm . . . are you sure about that 'regular basis'? - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
                         Well, no. I'm not sure - (bionerd)
                         At the risk of the TMI factor... - (imqwerky) - (10)
                             Yes - (Steve Lowe)
                             So you went to the beep bash to have sex? -NT - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                                 where was I when >that< happened? -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                                     ____ ____ ___ wanna see it again? -NT - (Ashton) - (3)
                                         :-) -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                                         :-) -NT - (Steve Lowe)
                                         If I wanted to be in therapy for the next 5 years, maybe. -NT - (n3jja)
                                 *That's* why people love this party. - (bionerd) - (2)
                                     Pencil you in....for what? The party or the -NT - (jbrabeck)
                                     okay, do you want pencil neck or? -NT - (boxley)
         well look at the bright side - (boxley) - (2)
             Maybe so... but Owls 2, SIL 0 ;) - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 Bet it felt good - nice one! -NT - (Meerkat)
         ah, Jesus, am I the *only* one here who...? (new thread) - (rcareaga)
         Shawshank Redmeption. -NT - (folkert) - (8)
             It was the longest night of her life? -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                 No, the movie. Geez-Leweez, you're a geezer! - (folkert) - (6)
                     I love that movie! Good suggestion,Greg. - (imqwerky) - (4)
                         Tell Critter it's time for the HFT. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Insanity, confusion, disorientation... - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                 Ha! -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Well there's another. ICLRPD (new thread) - (Steve Lowe)
                     yabbut he also had the longest night of his life - (boxley)
         I thought it was a Spock/Horta mindmeld reference. - (altmann) - (3)
             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Fore..____I say, FORE! -NT - (Ashton)
             Huh huh, He said "Balls" -NT - (imqwerky)