IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ed: Clinton, leave well -- and bad -- enough alone
[link|http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/editorial/outlook/1188760|Ross Baker, Houston Chronicle]

Excerpts:

It was reported recently that the most legacy-minded of all U.S. presidents had convened a gathering in his New York offices of former White House staffers, ex-Cabinet officials and assorted Washington, D.C., hangers-on and courtiers to tell the story of his administration in a manner most flattering to Clinton. Although most of the dozen or so participants were tight-lipped about the meeting, enough information seeped out to suggest that the vaunted Clinton public relations operation will now be assigned to spin history...

Clinton always has been a reckless user of people. He lied to members of his Cabinet about his relationship with Monica Lewinsky and sent them out to deceive others, making them part-owners of his falsehoods. No great respecter of truth, Clinton now enjoins his flacks and fabulists to bowdlerize history.

It might be that other presidents were eager for later generations to see them as nobler than they were, but aside from the hapless Andrew Johnson, only Clinton has convened a task force to accomplish it.

I say:

If only he'd been as diligent about protecting the interests of this country - which was, incidentally, his job - this wouldn't be needed. Nor, in all likelihood, would a lot of other unpleasant things. But that's another forum.

If I were in Bill Clinton's place, I would be eager to fade into obscurity. The last thing I'd want is to be featured prominently in history books. It's hard to live down a legacy like his, but he could at least try.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
New Not really possible, is it...

If I were in Bill Clinton's place, I would be eager to fade into obscurity. The last thing I'd want is to be featured prominently in history books. It's hard to live down a legacy like his, but he could at least try.

I mean, let's face it, the people who hate Clinton are so obscensed that they refuse to ignore him even after he's left office. The continue to blame him for everything and anything, even stooping to make up things that didn't happen.

Let Clinton attempt to address this fact and present the actual facts and he gets even more bad press.

To quote some others : "He's out of office, get over it."
New Er umm: which president is it - censoring All previous
Presidential Papers -- like say maybe (just ferinstance):

(Mr. Out-of-the-Ollie-Loop Daddy's peccadillos? Under the [unspecified] smokescreen of this or that er National Security rubric. How imaginative.

Now then - which of these tempests inhabits the Larger teapot?
Clinton's desire to decouple the Puritans' Version of 'youthful indiscretions': from his own actual substantive fuck-ups (as deserve analysis for future avoidance - no matter what he wants)

OR

Dubya's current and unprecedented dictat affecting all presidential papers due for release about this time + through Ashcroft: all that other yada yada minor stuff about every citizen's rights VS government?

Hmmm?

A.
     Undead horse watch - (marlowe) - (30)
         NYC revival? He's on the job. - (marlowe)
         Clinton regrets not plunging us into disaster more promptly. - (marlowe)
         Only carrion watch dead horses. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
             Err.. Carrion *eaters*... but yeah... -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                 Yes of course.. dazzled by The Reg's logo. :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
         Clinton comes out and blames America for 911! - (marlowe) - (19)
             Clinton comes out and blames Clinton for 9/11! - (rsf) - (2)
                 About that point 3 - (marlowe) - (1)
                     I know - (rsf)
             If that's all you got out of that all.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Don't bother. It is a waste of time. -NT - (ben_tilly)
             Wash. Times take on the infamous speech. - (marlowe) - (13)
                 OK, I'm about done replying to your "juicy" jingoistic crap. - (Ashton) - (9)
                     latest skank report! did she lie? her lips are moving! :) - (boxley) - (8)
                         Solution: never tell a journalist *anything* 24/7. -NT - (Ashton) - (7)
                             OT you have experience with waveforms right? - (boxley) - (6)
                                 Don't know enough. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     The idea is what the feds are asking help with - (boxley) - (2)
                                         I can appreciate the utility.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             how I would approach the problem - (boxley)
                                 It's a tough problem. - (Another Scott)
                                 Probably only generally - (ben_tilly)
                 Thank you... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     Followup - by the Washington Times... - (Simon_Jester)
                     thank You. - (Ashton)
         Presidential underdog breaks same old ground. - (marlowe)
         Ed: The Clinton Team\ufffds Betrayal - (marlowe)
         Ed: Clinton, leave well -- and bad -- enough alone - (marlowe) - (2)
             Not really possible, is it... - (Simon_Jester)
             Er umm: which president is it - censoring All previous - (Ashton)

You have mushrooms walking around. What do you expect?
78 ms