IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I know
I just saw that movie - both versions.

The EGC is WORSE.
New This whole thing reminds me how glad I am I never had kids.
Never saw much use for them in the first place.

Personally, I'd lock the little bitch in a room for a month. See how she likes that. No computer, no cell phone, nothing.

Or better yet, tell the little shit to go out and play. That'll fuck her up. Kids today don't know the meaning of the phrase. Like fish out of water. I'm begining to think most of them don't know WTF the sun is either, sitting in front of XBOX, PS, PC, etc.

Of course, I'm the same kind of person who thinks that if it got to this level in my house, justifiable homicide is most certainly an option. I've often told people I couldn't have kids because I'd probably kill them before they reached 4 years old.

No, I'm not kidding.
New {the infamous Unborn-zygote thanks you, I wot.}

New you want to take in my 13yo?
Gonna print this post and put it on his door saying remember that nice man from Beep's party? this is where your gonna live.
thanx,
bill
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New "nice man"?? WTF did that come from?
I've never been nice to children in the first place.

I tolerate children until they become what I preceive to be a problem. Then I find someplace else to go to get away from them before I take matters into my own hands.

No sense in talking to their parents, because it's pretty damned obvious that they have no control over them. The mealy-mouthed pleas for the child to behave are pathetic. "Oh, Johnny, please settle down.", doesn't cut it with some of these kids. You use a voice that commands attention followed by a swift kick in the ass. It's what Buford T. Justis calls "An Attention-Getter".

I've upset members of my SO's family on more than one ocassion and I'll not apologize for it.... ever.

If they were doing their job, then I wouldn't have to lift 7-year-old Brennan 3 feet off the floor by his shirt-front and hold him there in the first place. Either control him, or get him out of my face, if you want him to live.

And, yes, that's a true story. Happened about 5-6 years ago. He's 12 or 13 now.

I never hit him, slapped him, or left any mark on him. Just picked him up and held him in the air, followed by a voice (not raised) that conveyed the message that I was not going to take anymore of this. I imagine the seething glare in my eyes helped as well. The boy got the message. The kid never said or did another thing to set me off the rest of the evening.

The parents were shocked, the grandparents were shocked, but my SO didn't say much to me about it. She was getting a bit angry about it as well.

"Nice man"??? I don't friggin' think so.....
New Compared to the Box, that's downright civilized. ;)
New Sounds a little like my methods
Once my mom had me help her with her Sunday School class. She left the room to get something, and all of a sudden, 10 children leapt from their chairs and began racing around the room. I started grabbing one child at a time, seized the child and plopped him in his chair and said DON'T MOVE! I succeeded with each child.

Mom came back and they were all sitting there looking scared to death of me. Mom said, "What did you do?" I said, "I put them in their chairs."

Mom never asked me to help again. ;)

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New Sounds.... appropriate
well, Traditional anyway.

Sunday School class is where you learn better to abandon spontaneity, eschew any nascent, fledgling Questions you might have about the Mysterious-program you've been sent to absorb - and where you get the first Formal-lessons on Never Questioning authority. As the Jesuits say, "..give me a child til age 5 --"

Nice intro to Righteousness-101; you helped a bit, too - gave them an intro to the main method of inculcation: fear. Unwittingly, of course.

(I know. I know - 'discipline 'is ~another matter; we invented that word to justify not-drowning the more rambunctious/freest amidst our fleglings. Amazing anyone ever grows up to Question Authority\ufffd at all.) er, cha cha cha

New I completely relate
I can't handle children.... they make my nerves get on edge, make me breathe faster, and make me want to start climbing up walls....

No owlets for this Owl!

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New That's the way I lean too
Both in my attitude towards them and my desire not to have any. Plus they're incredibly expensive. My sister has two kids, the oldest (boy) being 1.5 years old and the younger (girl) being 5-6 months old so I can get some child rearing experience if I really want some. It is interesting that my attitude hasn't changed at all since I've become an uncle. Ah well, I've got 5-7 years before I get confronted with the children issue with the girlfriend (provided no oopsies happen! (and doing my best to avoid any!))

I never did like kids even when I was one.
lister
New Well, things are much more efficient without them, for one.

New A small child is a noise, with dirt on it :)
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Pregnancy is a parasitic infection.
Unfortunately the parasite doesn't go away after removal from the body, it just keeps on sucking blood for 18 to 24 years - or longer.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Well MY kids are perfect!
Actually, they are pretty good chips off the ol' Critter (with a generous slather of me in the mix). They have their moments, but on the whole, I'm pretty pleased with the way they are turning out. They are smart, reasonably well-liked and fairly well-adjusted. I would say they have more good points than bad. And the bad points, well, Critter and I just try to turn those into something good.

The main thing is, I like my kids for who they are. I actually get a kick out of their personalities. Yeah, sometimes they get on my last nerve, but that is just their way of testing the waters of independence. And God knows, I want them to become independent!

So, yay for my kids. (Their shit does stink, but at least they know how to spray the Lysol). :-D

Peace,
Amy

Pray for the survivors of Katrina.
New That's how I viewed pregnancy
And when I really sat and thought about having a separate living entity inside me I would get queasy. I was not one of those glowing pregnant women. I was one of those 'get this damn thing out of me" women.

But now that they're out I cant imagine life without them. Sure, they cost me an arm and a leg, they give me more stress than I care to deal with, they whine, they cry, they fight and they make messes.

But my life would be empty without them. There is nothing like a little one spontaneously wrapping their arms around you and saying I love you. Or watching them sleep. Or watching them ride a bike for the first time or open presents Christmas morning. There's a million things that make being a parent the best thing in the world. It's awesome.
New That's not all!
One day they'll bring you grandchildren. Now that's a relationship with more positives and fewer negatives.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
     My cable died for an hour tonight. - (broomberg) - (27)
         You know what this means... (new thread) - (Another Scott)
         She sounds just like - (imqwerky) - (17)
             I know - (broomberg) - (15)
                 This whole thing reminds me how glad I am I never had kids. - (n3jja) - (14)
                     {the infamous Unborn-zygote thanks you, I wot.} -NT - (Ashton)
                     you want to take in my 13yo? - (boxley) - (4)
                         "nice man"?? WTF did that come from? - (n3jja) - (3)
                             Compared to the Box, that's downright civilized. ;) -NT - (inthane-chan)
                             Sounds a little like my methods - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                 Sounds.... appropriate - (Ashton)
                     I completely relate - (Nightowl)
                     That's the way I lean too - (lister) - (2)
                         Well, things are much more efficient without them, for one. -NT - (Ashton)
                         A small child is a noise, with dirt on it :) -NT - (Meerkat)
                     Pregnancy is a parasitic infection. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         Well MY kids are perfect! - (imqwerky)
                         That's how I viewed pregnancy - (bionerd) - (1)
                             That's not all! - (a6l6e6x)
             You have no idea what you just offered -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Imagine if she had a "REAL" crisis... - (gdaustin) - (5)
             That's "extreme"?? - (admin)
             Re: Imagine if she had a "REAL" crisis... - (Steve Lowe)
             we don't have cable either... - (cforde)
             I can vouch - (imqwerky) - (1)
                 I'm reading that book right now - (bionerd)
         Re: My cable died for an hour tonight. - (lincoln) - (1)
             Already have permission - (broomberg)

Coffee, tea, or me?
122 ms