IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Doing Maxwell Smart one better.
He had a phone in his shoe, but this is way scarier.

Now I've got this old Wall of Voodoo song running through my head.... "one false move will give it dead away..."

[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
New Great...
Now I guess this means an additional 'shoe search' at airports.

Of course, we could always be required to board naked.

Tom Sinclair
Speaker-to-Suits

A man threw himself through the window, a knife between his teeth, a
Kalashnikov automatic rifle in one hand, a grenade in the other. "I glaim
gis oteg in der gaing og der --" he paused. He tooke the knife out of his
teeth and began again.
-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)
New Perhaps the postal approach + (note dearth of females)
I hear that their particle accelerator is browning the paper and periodic packets burst into flame - and they've orderd 8 (?) more. So much for future of USPS.

Flying naked (a suggestion predating 9/11 quite a bit); ie with a paper smock provided.. invites illness lawsuits, es. in Anchorage? as you wait and wait on tarmac..

Given the Admin's rsponses so far - look for cavity searches (know how much C4 *both* genders Could conceal - er accessibly?) and ass er drug sniffing dogs getting a break from Devil Narcotic Marijuana seeking for that Other War thing) But see below = we hardly need worry pretty little heads about female body searches.. Only men suffer these terminal delusions.

I welcome these predictable developments of this now predictable Admin: it may be the final spark needed (sorry) for monorail and other rails.. and catching up with Europe, Japan. Betcha telecommuting can't be far behind: WTF's the diff. between a porta-potty, portable cubicle and - home (no wear on Corp carpets, johns, coffee machines). $$ will drive the decisions, as always. Saved fuel - just a bonus

Let's see if.. the first Female Will Blow Self Up.. to catalyze these changes. (Ever notice how women generally.. are ever so much more Sane about this religious self-delusion + martyrdom stuff? Think it could be that defective chromosome again?)

Has *anyone* noted a female self-immolating over this utter crap?
C'mon.. there must be *one* nutzo female in the whole carload! What ever could this *mean* ??

Ashton
some have room for a couple kilos inside the head (through nose - fuse out other nostril) plenty room there. What's a true-believer need with a brain?
Maybe after bin-L's prescribed sex-change: we can have the First?
New One thing I noted later
was the fact that passengers and crew subdued the man, rather than just going along.

This is a good trend.

Tom Sinclair
Speaker-to-Suits

He was aware that a wise man should always respect the folkways of others,
to use Carrot's happy phrase, but Vimes often had difficulty with this
idea. For one thing, there were people in the world whose folkways
consisted of gutting other people like clams and this was not a procedure
that commanded, in Vimes, any kind of respect at all.
-- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)
New Response, more than prophylaxis
The airport security is likely helping a bit. But I'd also noted that it was the response protocol rather than the on-ground, pre-flight, preventive measures, which seemed to catch and stop this guy. Kudos to the flight attendant and passengers.

IMO, disarming all passengers is counterproductive. In this case, bodymass and a dozen or so men seemed to do the trick. But a couple of PR-18s might have come in handy.

For those unfamiliar with the term, "PR-18: public-relations 18 inch", aka, nightstick.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New Just as nutso, but . .
. . more concerned with keeping their own family toeing the straight and narrow tradition.

Also, the promise of n+1 virgins doesn't do much for most women - however - if heaven were promising unlimited Visa . . .
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Actually, yes there have been

Let's see if.. the first Female Will Blow Self Up.. to catalyze these changes. (Ever notice how women generally.. are ever so much more Sane about this religious self-delusion + martyrdom stuff? Think it could be that defective chromosome again?)

Check out [link|http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:CLXKBXVmSUw:www.rediff.com/news/2001/jul/24ltte3.htm+woman+suicide+bomber&hl=en| source ]

All that is required (ever) is to make villain so evil, the cause so just, that the death of one is a small price to pay to prevent the evil from happening to thousands of others. (Basically the same cause-effect relationship that the abortion bombers were using.)

I glad that the passengers subdued the man. Sorry it had to happen that way. Really happy that this guy was a putz and not a professional (otherwise the plane would've gone up). Really sad for the next person who has a seizure on a plane (they're going to get the tar beaten out of 'em). I'm really annoyed at this putz (I think he's a copycat - that attempt was pathetic). And I'm really sad that people still haven't figured it out yet.

Ah well, thus is the death of current commercial aviation. Expect to see fractional jet ownership on the rise.

(and I still prefer the tonfa over the traditional nightstick. :-)
New Well there's always.. fly sedated.
Start your trip .. early! on Euphoria Airlines [brought to you by Rapture Associates]. Yes friends, for your safety, convenience and security - the best of that confiscated Sinsemilla is administered by our jack-booted but ever so friendly er 'camouflage suited' Happy Bunnies.

To further calm nerves and eliminate those bad vibes, we've brought back The Pullman Sleeper too! It's hard to think of blowing things up when.. you've got it up. No need to sneak into the johns in pairs any more - our accommodating stewards and stewardii can facilitate your every pleasure, especially in First Class.

Some things are pricelss but.. we've managed to put one on anyway - for all the rest there's cash.

The Foxes & Hunks of Euphoria Ltd
..a very closely-held privates Concern.
(never mind which way the wind blows, bunky)

PS - sorry to hear that Sri Lanka has bridged the gender gap. Twice. Lest this become a pattern, I think we'd best nuke all in that area, to prevent the spread of this hideous brain disease. If it infected women - there'd be no hope left.
Expand Edited by Missing User 70 Dec. 24, 2001, 04:57:33 PM EST
New Evil Grin - you're still focused on the passenger aspect...

Start your trip .. early! on Euphoria Airlines [brought to you by Rapture Associates]. Yes friends, for your safety, convenience and security - the best of that confiscated Sinsemilla is administered by our jack-booted but ever so friendly er 'camouflage suited' Happy Bunnies.

You're forgetting the people in the targets - unless you want to suggest that people starting working for Euphoria Enterprises in the 'big building that is a nice target'.

What happens when the next plane is a cargo jet? (Of course, then the terrorist will have to learn to "take off" - or sneak aboard and wait for the pilot to take off.)

(I still don't understand bin Laden - hell, if he's got the cash he's rumored to have, he could BUY a 757 to fly into a big building.)
New The buyout option
The Sept 11 attack price tag seems to be in the US$200-500k range. A new jet airliner is [link|http://www.boeing.com/commercial/prices/|going to run you] US$80+ million, depending on the options package (air is included, chrome, and sound system extra). A used aircraft could likely be aquired for a fraction of that price, but still an order or two of magnitude more than the cost of the attacks.

Crime pays. Particularly when you're using it to commit more crime.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
     Frace allows suicide bomber abord US bound flight - (dmarker2) - (25)
         Doing Maxwell Smart one better. - (marlowe) - (9)
             Great... - (tjsinclair) - (8)
                 Perhaps the postal approach + (note dearth of females) - (Ashton) - (7)
                     One thing I noted later - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                         Response, more than prophylaxis - (kmself)
                     Just as nutso, but . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Actually, yes there have been - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                         Well there's always.. fly sedated. - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Evil Grin - you're still focused on the passenger aspect... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 The buyout option - (kmself)
         Just got back from LA - (tuberculosis) - (9)
             So it's now quicker to drive.. SF--> LA - (Ashton) - (7)
                 Re: flying naked. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Are trains much safer? - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                     But, as the joke goes... - (Simon_Jester)
                     Where? - (wharris2)
                     HSR safety record - (kmself) - (2)
                         While I like the concept of rail... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             Setting the dials on the Way-Forward machine - (Ashton)
             Got back from AZ yesterday... - (inthane-chan)
         Okay, so what's the news on the explosive? - (wharris2) - (4)
             I've heard rumor it's pentrite...but I don't know - (Simon_Jester)
             According to NY Times - triacetone triperoxide, TATP. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 Duh? - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                     Screwed-up weather. - (inthane-chan)

Void where prohibited.
137 ms