IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just some random things I've found about the MegaRAID.
Some have claimed success with the MegaRAID card following [link|http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2004-02/msg00450.html|this] recipe - installing SuSE 8.1. (The thread is about trying to get RedHat 9 running on a box similar to yours.)

You can find it here:

[link|ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/discontinued/i386/|ftp://ftp.suse.com/p...iscontinued/i386/]

(They have a Live CD and install versions.)

The stuff I've seen about the 3c90x has been rather nasty. Greg is probably the person to help there, but SuSE might work out of the box with it (it looks like [link|http://www.jaschke-net.de/Dell-Inspiron-4100.html|it does]).

I know, you want to run Debian. However, getting any flavor of Linux up and running on it might make it easier to figure out what needs to be done to make Sarge happy.

HTH. Luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New I think I'm 90% there.
If it's just a NIC, then I just need to find a new NIC that will work with Woody. I also need to find a download source for Woody's source CDs. :P Not having a whole lotta luck with that...

If Woody is still getting security updates, it will do fine for what I'm doing with the box; I don't have to have the latest and greatest. Hell, it's a P3-500.
apt-get install godlike-powers
     Driver issue with Debian 3.1 - any suggestions? - (inthane-chan) - (13)
         Just some random things I've found about the MegaRAID. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             I think I'm 90% there. - (inthane-chan)
         No real suggestions, but perhaps some help...? - (Yendor)
         I had copious problems w/Sarge - megaraid - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
             SCSI or IDE? - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                 SCSI -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                     Well, I'm on the Sarge install right now... - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                         That wasn't necessary in my case. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             So I'd have to build my own boot image CD. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                 Problem is . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 Also problem is . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Interesting find... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             SUSE 9.3 didn't work... FC4 does. - (inthane-chan)

Now, new ChiaLRPD[tm]!
70 ms