IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No nondenumerable infinities or other sets here
{Sheesh} you guys zone out on obscure 3-state logic and transcendental numbers for missing-numbers of hours, invent new articles n'adjectives daily - but can't even waltz to a different drummer? (Why I'd deduce from that comment that you just might imagine homo-saps to be linear-thinking - even Logical.) As if math had anything to do with bipeds! (except maybe re Econ incantations, ever in the cynical service of class and crass political aims).

If'n you didn't happen to pay attention to the subject's earlier history across a few years, and various dances begun way earlier - then the clues won't happen. And if you don't care about the details, there's no point, either.

Ex: 'My Gramma' was a Rt-wing wacko before this one was born - I recognized the phraseology from early-on. So if you skipped a lot of related posts in politics, never mind. Everything is an experiment, especially the daily metaphors we 'live' by, or imagine we do.

HTH, but if not -
Analyze [link|http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/art.htm#| Pie], then. :-\ufffd

New Gimme a break, will ya?
Some of us directed our education around our talents, which, in my case, wasn't art. I can't waltz to your drum, as you put it, as I've read far less literature. Pursuit of art is well and good but you may have to consider the target audience, m'kay?

And of course I pay attention to the subject's history and 'dances'. What do you think half my 'Run! Get out...' rants are about?
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Hey! Art and engineering aren't mutually exclusive...
Besides, interpreting Ash's posts is half the fun sometimes!
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Naah, that gets old after a while. Matt is right.
It actually, really, truly wouldn't hurt if Ash could learn to fucking write so ordinary people can understand what the fuck he's trying to say.

The alternative, I'm afraid, would be that he'll have to accept that an ever-growing number of his audience will suspect that he's not so much *genuinely* brilliant as, rather, an Emperor clad in "exquisite verbi-plumage that can only be understood by the select few"... IOW, a driveler of near-Boxleian proportions.

Personally, the more tired I get of having to wade through the convolutions, the more rapidly I'm moving in that direction. I'm at least about half-way there.

For which Ash has nobody to blame but himself.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Et tu, Christian?
Ashton should definitely *not* change his style of writing in order to make the bit wise thinking more likely to comprehend. We're all (mostly) bit twidlers of one stripe or another here and it is because we are that his posts are most needed here. For, in our everyday endeavors to read the most recent how-to, kb article, tech rag or similar journal [SIC] many of us will only come upon a well written paragraph by viewing Ashton's posts.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New Werd
When all you are to me is a box (sorry, Box) with text in it, clarity is everything.

Ashton is so painfully clever that most of the time, his posts are just so much verbal compost.

If you can't tell whether it's genius or fuckwittery, that's a problem.

He can write however he likes, of course; the corollary to that is that people can choose to disregard what he says.

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Oooh. another IBB
Intercostal Brevity Boycott.
(or is that just a p\ufffdan to Captain Clarity?)
Efficiency-container-box runneth over:

Deviant; uncompressed. Check
Un-obvious *surds. Check
(* Un-yay: word needs a look-up table event.)
Un-abbreviated; Error. Check.
Meet Standards/Not. Check. (or, maybe just M/Soft)
Simple-declaratory/Not. Check.

Must. practice. write. .tgz .zip.
Must Remember admonitions of local
Principal of Peter Principle
(Gratuitous italics. Check.)

CarnegieHall/Get-to/How ?
Practice \ufffd 3

Nope, box too big.

To Fleet Headquarters:

Saw sub.
Sank same.

Sub #N 666, Pacific Theatre

Nope, verbose.

To Headquarters:
Won! They lost.
Sub #N-666

(Better; still un-woo)

HQ:Still here/SubN666

It./Got

Oh, wait:

It./Stuff ie

H.ave
A.
N.ice
D.ay
New Ha! :-)
Your sub story reminds me of the (supposedly) shortest Broadway review in the NY Times. For the play "Bang!". The review?

Ouch!

Cheers,
Scott.
(IIRC. It's listed in the GBoWR.)
New {guf
(gotta keep it short, 'midst the Syll\ufffdble Patrol)
-faw}

New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #217529 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=217529|ICLRPD]
New In the words of Sophocles (497-406 BCE):
Whoever neglects the arts when he is young has lost the past and is dead to the future.
Yes, you might call Sophocles an artist. :)
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Splendid.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
     A <small>p\ufffdan</small> for Our marlowe - (Ashton) - (43)
         Could someone translate? - (warmachine) - (36)
             You're kidding, right? I hope so, for your sake. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                 I am not kidding - it's unintelligible. Please enlighten me -NT - (warmachine) - (21)
                     I can't. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                         If I think style is more important than content, hit me... - (warmachine) - (1)
                             Here's a summary I think you'll really like. - (mmoffitt)
                         Tosh - (pwhysall) - (12)
                             What do you know? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                 It's bollocks. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                     Hmmm more - - (Ashton)
                                     Still, it's a "john" not a "lu". -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                         No, it's a Loo not a Lu. Definitely not a John! :) -NT - (Meerkat) - (7)
                                             Is that Lucy Liu? Mmmmm ... Lucy Liu ... -NT - (drewk)
                                             Is that Lucy Liu? Mmmmm ... Lucy Liu ... - (drewk) - (2)
                                                 That was odd - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     what you never had sideways pie? -NT - (boxley)
                                             My mistake. The proper word is "washroom" ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 WC works. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                     Biffy. - (jake123)
                     Dont feel bad - (bionerd) - (2)
                         Thanks -NT - (warmachine)
                         Same here - (Nightowl)
                     Re: I am not kidding - it's unintelligible. Please enlighte - (andread) - (1)
                         Thank you -NT - (warmachine)
             No nondenumerable infinities or other sets here - (Ashton) - (11)
                 Gimme a break, will ya? - (warmachine) - (10)
                     Hey! Art and engineering aren't mutually exclusive... - (imric) - (7)
                         Naah, that gets old after a while. Matt is right. - (CRConrad) - (6)
                             Et tu, Christian? - (mmoffitt)
                             Werd - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 Oooh. another IBB - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     Ha! :-) - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         {guf - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                     In the words of Sophocles (497-406 BCE): - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Splendid. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Geez, yeah, and this so-called "jazz" stuff... - (rcareaga)
         translation - (boxley) - (5)
             He is the brittle stone on which we can sharpen our knives. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Why thank you, Box! - (Nightowl)
             {Sheesh} Box! [Not Safe For Work] - (Ashton) - (1)
                 heh, byte boy couldnt parse prose gave him carni instead -NT - (boxley)
             Thank you... - (warmachine)

All artists are potentially a victim of their desire to be unique.
140 ms