IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why not?
As a business decision, if I've got The Register wanting to pay $50 a month for my ad space, or Danni's Hard Drive willing to pay $150 a month for the same space....Why would I want to turn down Danni's Hard Drive?
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
New Re: Why not?
For the same business reasons. If The Reputable Web Site displays a banner ad for a sex site, it'll presumably either be innocuous (so you don't know where you're going and might click on it thinking it was something else) or it's going to be lurid (so you do know where you're going but then its presence on that page probably violates many/most company web usage policies.) In either case, the likelihood of me visiting The Reputable Web Site's page decreases.

And that's even without setting a xxx or sex cookie.

With that said, no doubt you'll be able to show me where some reputable site such as Tom's Hardware Guide or The Register or Blue's News does this and I've never noticed. :=)
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
Expand Edited by wharris2 Dec. 14, 2001, 10:29:51 AM EST
New Nah.
Just playing Devil's Advocate.
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
New Bows to Mr. Devil :=)
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
     Help!!! (re Cookies) - (dmarker2) - (17)
         On Netscape default installation... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Re: On Netscape default installation... - (dmarker2)
             Re: S'ok - found em as well .. - (dmarker2)
         Logout? - (Yendor) - (8)
             Re: Quicken is odd - (dmarker2) - (7)
                 Aye, indeed - (Yendor) - (6)
                     xxx - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                         Really? - (wharris2) - (4)
                             Why not? - (Yendor) - (3)
                                 Re: Why not? - (wharris2) - (2)
                                     Nah. - (Yendor) - (1)
                                         Bows to Mr. Devil :=) -NT - (wharris2)
         Oblig cookie rant - (wharris2) - (4)
             Back-arrow &$&%#* disabling - - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Disable javascript - (drewk) - (1)
                     Not IE. Also - JS is on only rarely. Tryin K-meleon next :-) -NT - (Ashton)
             Bad lawyer, no cookie - (kmself)

Just because your vocabulary is extremely limited doesn't mean the rest of the world can't use that word.
94 ms