IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nearly two years later....
Blah - I've said (repeatedly now) that Bush wanted to go in and made stuff up to do it. I've given my examples. All you've come up with a Scientist that says Saddam didn't have the weapons but might be able to in a couple of years. Come back with some real evidence.

and we have the [link|http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/memo.html|Downing Street Memo]...

The Foreign Secretary said he would discuss this with Colin Powell this week. It seemed clear that Bush had made up his mind to take military action, even if the timing was not yet decided. But the case was thin. Saddam was not threatening his neighbours, and his WMD capability was less than that of Libya, North Korea or Iran. We should work up a plan for an ultimatum to Saddam to allow back in the UN weapons inspectors. This would also help with the legal justification for the use of force.

The Attorney-General said that the desire for regime change was not a legal base for military action. There were three possible legal bases: self-defence, humanitarian intervention, or UNSC authorisation. The first and second could not be the base in this case. Relying on UNSCR 1205 of three years ago would be difficult. The situation might of course change.

New Yep - but lets start a new thread about Downing Street Memos (new thread)
Created as new thread #209570 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=209570|Yep - but lets start a new thread about Downing Street Memos]

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:56:50 AM EDT
     Errors of Mass Destruction - (johnu) - (36)
         Main response - (JayMehaffey) - (20)
             Re: Main response - (johnu) - (2)
                 Not the US responsibility, but UN responsibility - (jbrabeck)
                 Except - (JayMehaffey)
             The line by line - (JayMehaffey) - (16)
                 re: Anthrax in tupperware - (tablizer) - (1)
                     I am sure I read that wrong... - (hnick)
                 Re: The line by line - (johnu) - (13)
                     Memory - (Silverlock)
                     N. Iraq == Kurd territory. D'Oh. No Saddam-love there. -NT - (Ashton) - (5)
                         Nor most other places in Iraq. - (marlowe) - (4)
                             Back from your latest tour of duty? - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                 Well, I had to fight off two - (jbrabeck)
                                 Slack Hawk Clown -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Children of the Corn -NT - (Ashton)
                     Re: The line by line - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
                         Round and round - (johnu) - (4)
                             Once again - (Silverlock)
                             We have solid evidence - (mhuber) - (2)
                                 Re: We have solid evidence - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     I don't mean Bush the organism - (mhuber)
         The principle error that you and NRO are making... - (Simon_Jester) - (14)
             Re: The principle error that you and NRO are making... - (johnu) - (13)
                 In what way was - (jbrabeck)
                 Curiouser and curiouser.... - (Simon_Jester) - (11)
                     well the government treats us like mushrooms -NT - (boxley)
                     Re: Curiouser and curiouser.... - (johnu) - (9)
                         And I rest my case... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                             It's not about WMDs - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                 Yes, it is &^$#&^# Exactly That. - (Ashton)
                             The decision to make war drove the intelligence... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 "The Boys Who Cried Wolfowitz" - love it! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             Re: And I rest my case... - (johnu) - (3)
                                 Come back with some real evidence... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                     Nearly two years later.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                         Yep - but lets start a new thread about Downing Street Memos (new thread) - (tuberculosis)

It looks like food.
152 ms