IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Main response
When we took up that task, we also took up the task of providing a reason.

Yup. And that reason was that Iraq was in violation of numerous declarations regarding WMDs from the [link|http://www.themoderntribune.com/un_resolution_687_1991_cease_fire_conditions_gulf_war_full_text_un_united_nation_resolution_871_-_iraq_wmd.htm|original cease fire] to the [link|http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/iraq/un/iraq-110702-1198.pdf|last resolution]. And the reason we took up the task to enforce these was that, in a post 9/11 world where we are at war with terrorists, the fact that there are unaccounted for WMDs is a clear and present danger to our country.

The point from the story was that the Bush admin has failed to make this clear and is now dealing with ramifications of that.
New Not the US responsibility, but UN responsibility
that reason was that Iraq was in violation of numerous declarations regarding WMDs from the original cease fire to the last resolution.

Bush implied that Iraq had WMD and was imminent threat to US safety. That Saddam was in violation of UN resolutions is/was/should have been an UN issue.

Vigilante actions should not be encouraged.
When they took the Fourth Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs.
When they took the Fifth Amendment, I was quiet because I was innocent.
When they took the Second Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't own a gun.
Now they've taken the First Amendment, and I can't say anything about it.
New Except
Except of course, that the US could not convince the UN that those violations where sufficent to justify an attack. The US took it upon itself to launch an attack that is just as much a violation of UN law as the rules you are pointing to.

Nor where those violations the reason the White House used to justify an attack in the US. In the US, the reason was that Saddam had ties to terrorists and was an immediate threat to the US because of his weapons of mass destruction.

Heck, if unaccounted WMDs are ground for invasion, then the rest of the world would be justified in attacking the US. We have refused to account for our own chemical weapons and we have a proven record of giving them to dangerous dictators.

Jay
     Errors of Mass Destruction - (johnu) - (36)
         Main response - (JayMehaffey) - (20)
             Re: Main response - (johnu) - (2)
                 Not the US responsibility, but UN responsibility - (jbrabeck)
                 Except - (JayMehaffey)
             The line by line - (JayMehaffey) - (16)
                 re: Anthrax in tupperware - (tablizer) - (1)
                     I am sure I read that wrong... - (hnick)
                 Re: The line by line - (johnu) - (13)
                     Memory - (Silverlock)
                     N. Iraq == Kurd territory. D'Oh. No Saddam-love there. -NT - (Ashton) - (5)
                         Nor most other places in Iraq. - (marlowe) - (4)
                             Back from your latest tour of duty? - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                 Well, I had to fight off two - (jbrabeck)
                                 Slack Hawk Clown -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Children of the Corn -NT - (Ashton)
                     Re: The line by line - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
                         Round and round - (johnu) - (4)
                             Once again - (Silverlock)
                             We have solid evidence - (mhuber) - (2)
                                 Re: We have solid evidence - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     I don't mean Bush the organism - (mhuber)
         The principle error that you and NRO are making... - (Simon_Jester) - (14)
             Re: The principle error that you and NRO are making... - (johnu) - (13)
                 In what way was - (jbrabeck)
                 Curiouser and curiouser.... - (Simon_Jester) - (11)
                     well the government treats us like mushrooms -NT - (boxley)
                     Re: Curiouser and curiouser.... - (johnu) - (9)
                         And I rest my case... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                             It's not about WMDs - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                 Yes, it is &^$#&^# Exactly That. - (Ashton)
                             The decision to make war drove the intelligence... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 "The Boys Who Cried Wolfowitz" - love it! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             Re: And I rest my case... - (johnu) - (3)
                                 Come back with some real evidence... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                     Nearly two years later.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                         Yep - but lets start a new thread about Downing Street Memos (new thread) - (tuberculosis)

This is leading up to dirtsnakes, I can tell...
60 ms