IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting idea. (One's access to er Reality?)
(Great second line here, but you'd have to have seen Laugh-In, for it to work.. ;-) Don't think logic will be of much help here.

Some would say: the 'communications are all around us'. (So would I.) Seems to be a matter of perspective.

It's the idea of Language, of written words = 'in our words', as if from a similar critter and a similar er mammalian nervous system: that is where the worldwide trouble began. A current embodiment is 'the personal God' <2-way> 'conversation with this entity'. I can see the appeal. But it has consequences for all.

People kill people over other people's interpretations of alleged Words direct from God. People invent 'favored tribes' meant to inherit 'promised real estate'! (Lots of junk-DNA in all those Words from on-high, when we get through with imagining.) Rest case on basis: this model hasn't worked, just creates Wars. Like today's.

(Particularly annoying when someone avers, "The Entity 'says' thus". Y'know?)

Words have some astonishing usefulness; poetry can capture what prose can't. They don't however, tell us anything about the Mystery - except what we want to hear.

What reads't thou, Hamlet?
words.. words..

Cheers,
A.

Caution: objects in mirror may be farther away than shown
Now as to your sig.. ;-)
New LRPD: Thisisyour brain on bad interior design.Any questions?
New 'Twas a heads up only.
I just didn't think you should dismiss Norm's (and my) opinion of God's Message quite so readily. That's all. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, Ashton. (-:

My sig would take too long to explain unless you've seen "The Wings of Honneamise" a few times. Perhaps in another thread...? It is oddly appropriate, however, though perhaps not quite in the way you think.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Nahhh. Prime Directive states clearly,
Don't spit in the soup
Everyone's got to eat

(Some just think the okra's slimy, and like to play with it)

:-\ufffd

Ashton
The Medium is the Massage
     OMFG - (pwhysall) - (55)
         So, 'greatest' == 'favourite' then? - (Meerkat) - (4)
             "What is the greatest film of all time?" - (pwhysall)
             hehe - (SpiceWare)
             According to my wife, it's "Gone With the Wind". - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 If you don't have time for Gone With The Wind... - (Meerkat)
         Re: OMFG. Condolences. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Would be fitting if the fave film of Generation Whatever was - (Meerkat)
         At least is wasn't SW:Ep 1. - (static)
         The votes of a few people don't add up to a hill of beans - (kmself) - (32)
             ..the stuff that dreams are made of - (Ashton)
             re: end discussion - (Silverlock) - (29)
                 Global appeal - (kmself) - (28)
                     Not sure I can agree - (Silverlock) - (27)
                         I'm one of the drooling masses - (wharris2) - (26)
                             Terminator! Yes! - (static) - (24)
                                 Just curious... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     That IS its highest Purpose.. no?_____[troublemakery] -NT - (Ashton)
                                 Eh? T2? - (wharris2) - (21)
                                     What I Didn't Like About Terminator 2. - (static) - (20)
                                         Ah. I get the objection - (wharris2) - (16)
                                             I (predictably) like the Dr. Who approach - (Meerkat) - (14)
                                                 Dr Who had an extra quality the others lack. - (static) - (13)
                                                     Re: Dr Who had an extra quality the others lack. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                         Delta And The Bannermen. - (static)
                                                     Dr. Who, set the standards for time travel - (orion) - (10)
                                                         All that and more.. Time travel as chimera. - (Ashton) - (9)
                                                             Time Travel - (orion) - (8)
                                                                 God and Time. - (static) - (1)
                                                                     Paper.. and also 'projection screens / filters' - (Ashton)
                                                                 There is no limit - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                                     Reality parse error. - (static) - (4)
                                                                         Interesting idea. (One's access to er Reality?) - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                             LRPD: Thisisyour brain on bad interior design.Any questions? -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                             'Twas a heads up only. - (static) - (1)
                                                                                 Nahhh. Prime Directive states clearly, - (Ashton)
                                             Borg popularity? Simple familiarity: Microsloth here&now.. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         well ya had to set up T3 dinja? -NT - (boxley)
                                         Terminator happened to air a couple days ago - (wharris2) - (1)
                                             Riposte. - (static)
                             Puke away - (Silverlock)
             Lord Jim, Fist full of Dynamite, The Searchers, comancheros, - (boxley)
         The IMDB gives you some idea... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             *Rashomon* almost anything Kurosawa, Fellini, many etc. -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: OMFG - (JCB) - (1)
             It's about time Jacques Tati had a mention. - (Meerkat)
         Hey, where's Blade Runner? - (mhuber) - (9)
             Heh.. 'Let there be light'! (also.. Klaatu barada nikkto) - (Ashton) - (8)
                 I hope you realize that... - (CRConrad) - (7)
                     Rock//hard place. - (Ashton) - (6)
                         Barbara Bain = Space: 1999 -NT - (altmann) - (5)
                             Space: 1999 = Funkiest TV theme music *ever* -NT - (Meerkat) - (3)
                                 Erm... - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     Wha-Does Bill have a British cousin in the House of commons? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     George who? Parliawhat? :) - (Meerkat)
                             STILL think "Capt Koenig!" whenever I C (now oold) M Landau! -NT - (CRConrad)

Feared.
156 ms