IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I hope you realize that...
and *anything* by Philip K. Dick whatsoever.
...that puts Ah-nulled right back in the running?
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Rock//hard place.
[link|http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki.cgi?Philip_K._Dick|One take]

Which says:
The movie [Total Recall]? was based on one of his short stories (We can remember it for you wholesale), as was the movie Screamers (based on Second Variety). Some scenes in The Terminator, of the future war landscape with killer androids trying to sneak into the shelters disguised as humans, are very reminiscent of Second Variety, though no mention was made in that movie's credits.

Yeah.. forgot they lifted Second Variety wholesale. Guess we gotta live with -nulled; PKD got no vote :[
I expect we'll see further plagiarism, as it's evident that modrin folk have mainly lost it.

Ever catch an episode of Space Island - some fairly recent Scottish series? (shown on SciFi night on a local PBS station). The biologist character has all the warmth and charm of a Billy, with brogue; none can act. And WTF Can you do - 'taking data for some &^#$^*# Mega-Corporation's Profit$' - that could be remotely interesting ??? Nada. And it shows. Empty minds, bad enough. Empty Corporate Minds = worse.

They appear to have made no progress since an earlier 'space station' thingie, so Awful I seem to have erased name ..maybe had 'Galactica' (Battlestar G. ??) in it and Barbara Bain - all time contender for having been whittled out of same wood, by Gepetto, as Pinocchio. But without animation.

2001 invented the genre - can't think of anything which overall, comes close to that originality, but we're now going backwards. Latest Star Wars (shown w/ads and more/ads and ..) I checked out: rehash, trite, boring. Shoot-em up 3-D motorcycles. Yawn. The Farce be with you - an insult to the more useful myths; the usual effect of Disneyizing.

Give a shout if you should spot anything Good. It could happen.

Ashton
New Barbara Bain = Space: 1999
--
Chris Altmann
New Space: 1999 = Funkiest TV theme music *ever*
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Erm...
...wouldn't the funkiest TV theme ever be "Starsky & Hutch"?

Sheesh.

Kids these days, throwing the word "funky" around like they've never heard of Parliament or George Clinton.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Wha-Does Bill have a British cousin in the House of commons?
:-)
New George who? Parliawhat? :)
OK, ok, pardon my wilful adjective abuse.

Grooviest. Perhaps not. Erm, well, I like it, at least :) Wonderful bassline.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New STILL think "Capt Koenig!" whenever I C (now oold) M Landau!
     OMFG - (pwhysall) - (55)
         So, 'greatest' == 'favourite' then? - (Meerkat) - (4)
             "What is the greatest film of all time?" - (pwhysall)
             hehe - (SpiceWare)
             According to my wife, it's "Gone With the Wind". - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 If you don't have time for Gone With The Wind... - (Meerkat)
         Re: OMFG. Condolences. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Would be fitting if the fave film of Generation Whatever was - (Meerkat)
         At least is wasn't SW:Ep 1. - (static)
         The votes of a few people don't add up to a hill of beans - (kmself) - (32)
             ..the stuff that dreams are made of - (Ashton)
             re: end discussion - (Silverlock) - (29)
                 Global appeal - (kmself) - (28)
                     Not sure I can agree - (Silverlock) - (27)
                         I'm one of the drooling masses - (wharris2) - (26)
                             Terminator! Yes! - (static) - (24)
                                 Just curious... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                     That IS its highest Purpose.. no?_____[troublemakery] -NT - (Ashton)
                                 Eh? T2? - (wharris2) - (21)
                                     What I Didn't Like About Terminator 2. - (static) - (20)
                                         Ah. I get the objection - (wharris2) - (16)
                                             I (predictably) like the Dr. Who approach - (Meerkat) - (14)
                                                 Dr Who had an extra quality the others lack. - (static) - (13)
                                                     Re: Dr Who had an extra quality the others lack. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                         Delta And The Bannermen. - (static)
                                                     Dr. Who, set the standards for time travel - (orion) - (10)
                                                         All that and more.. Time travel as chimera. - (Ashton) - (9)
                                                             Time Travel - (orion) - (8)
                                                                 God and Time. - (static) - (1)
                                                                     Paper.. and also 'projection screens / filters' - (Ashton)
                                                                 There is no limit - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                                     Reality parse error. - (static) - (4)
                                                                         Interesting idea. (One's access to er Reality?) - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                             LRPD: Thisisyour brain on bad interior design.Any questions? -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                             'Twas a heads up only. - (static) - (1)
                                                                                 Nahhh. Prime Directive states clearly, - (Ashton)
                                             Borg popularity? Simple familiarity: Microsloth here&now.. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         well ya had to set up T3 dinja? -NT - (boxley)
                                         Terminator happened to air a couple days ago - (wharris2) - (1)
                                             Riposte. - (static)
                             Puke away - (Silverlock)
             Lord Jim, Fist full of Dynamite, The Searchers, comancheros, - (boxley)
         The IMDB gives you some idea... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             *Rashomon* almost anything Kurosawa, Fellini, many etc. -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: OMFG - (JCB) - (1)
             It's about time Jacques Tati had a mention. - (Meerkat)
         Hey, where's Blade Runner? - (mhuber) - (9)
             Heh.. 'Let there be light'! (also.. Klaatu barada nikkto) - (Ashton) - (8)
                 I hope you realize that... - (CRConrad) - (7)
                     Rock//hard place. - (Ashton) - (6)
                         Barbara Bain = Space: 1999 -NT - (altmann) - (5)
                             Space: 1999 = Funkiest TV theme music *ever* -NT - (Meerkat) - (3)
                                 Erm... - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     Wha-Does Bill have a British cousin in the House of commons? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     George who? Parliawhat? :) - (Meerkat)
                             STILL think "Capt Koenig!" whenever I C (now oold) M Landau! -NT - (CRConrad)

Keep up the good work. Those dark sides need more advertising.
95 ms