IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Export DISPLAY yourself
and it should work.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New Sneaky
#1 - create an a real xterm - ssh into target system.
#2 - echo $DISPLAY - this will change on every session going in.
#3 - launch iTerm.
#4 - from iTerm, ssh in to the same target box.
#5 - set the DISPLAY to the above one listed.
#6 - xcalc - works.

I guess it is a usable one-of-kludge - but not something I would be willing to do on an ongoing basis.

I could setup a script to be executed on login. If the DISPLAY value is set, save it. If it is not, then use the last saved one (assuming it is from an active "correct" connection) (dangerous!)

Thanks.
     Need fontconfig? - (broomberg) - (12)
         No idea - (tuberculosis) - (11)
             Let's review the goals. - (broomberg) - (9)
                 I guess, but XTerms are lame compared to Terminal.app -NT - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                     But I can't seem to ssh somewhere and 'X' back - (broomberg) - (7)
                         Re: But I can't seem to ssh somewhere and 'X' back - (pwhysall) - (6)
                             Nope, X is running. - (broomberg) - (5)
                                 when using ssh -X on my solaris box - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Box, I KNOW you are trying to be helpful - (broomberg) - (1)
                                         I do not assume you know any "baby steps" - (boxley)
                                 Export DISPLAY yourself - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Sneaky - (broomberg)
             Re: No idea - (pwhysall)

That exact plan? GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!
44 ms