IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You must be very busy.
Being an Apple apologist would keep you on your toes.

We're all lucky Steve self destructed there for awhile and we got the Bungling Bill and Baldy team running the Evil Empire rather than a real Genius of Evil who would have done it right.

Oh, and I think there's now a lot of people wondering what's in there - should be a hot seller.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus April 26, 2005, 10:36:12 PM EDT
New Seems to be an update of an earlier work.
[link|http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471720836/104-1490198-7197559|Amazon]:

In this encore to his classic 1987 unauthorized biography of Steve Jobs-a major bestseller- Jeffrey Young examines Jobs' remarkable resurgence, one of the most amazing business comeback stories in recent years. Drawing on a wide range of sources in Silicon Valley and Hollywood, he details how Jobs put Apple back on track, first with the iMac and then with the iPod, and traces Jobs' role in the remarkable rise of the Pixar animation studio, including his rancorous feud with Disney's Michael Eisner.
* Written with insider scoops and no-holds-barred style
* Based on hundreds of highly unauthorized interviews with Jobs' nearest and dearest
* New information on the acrimonious parting between Eisner and Jobs, the personal vendetta behind the return to Apple, and the future of iPod and the music industry

Sounds like it might be a hatchet job - and with a title like that, it seems rather obvious - , but who knows.

I can understand Apple not carrying it, but dropping the rest of Wiley's books seems very petty.

I'm sure Young is loving the publicity...

[edit:] Jean-Louis Gassee has some interesting comments about one of the authors on [link|http://dangillmor.typepad.com/dan_gillmor_on_grassroots/2005/04/apples_latest_a.html#comments|Gillmor's Blog]:

Who knows how many people Bill Simon and his cohort called, how can they (and their publisher) be surprised Steve's unhappy with the dirty deed? These guys are out to make a buck off his back. As the French say, the higher the monkey climbs the more people see its derri\ufffdre...

He agrees that Steve went too far in retaliation, if I infer correctly.[/edit]

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott April 26, 2005, 11:12:11 PM EDT
New Sort of, but not for the reason everyone else is PO'd
Also from [link|http://dangillmor.typepad.com/dan_gillmor_on_grassroots/2005/04/apples_latest_a.html#comments|Gillmore's blog]

Bill Simon was looking for controversial topics. He wasn't happy to hear I felt Gil Amelio made a great decision in bringing Steve back at Apple, I guess he expected sour grapes.

and
This said, Steve should let ankle biters and mud eaters be seen for who they are and he for who he is, the man who made and remade Apple, built Pixar in between and smile magnanimously at the poor envious eunuchs.

I.o.w. he thinks Jobs sullied himself by even acknowledging the authors' existence.
New Well, it keeps me off the streets...
Tom Sinclair

"This is a lovely party," said the Bursar to a chair, "I wish I was here."
-- The Bursar is a man under a *lot* of stress
(Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)
     "Apple Retaliates Over Jobs Biography" - (a6l6e6x) - (27)
         This doesn't seem right - (tjsinclair) - (12)
             You must be very busy. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 Seems to be an update of an earlier work. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Sort of, but not for the reason everyone else is PO'd - (scoenye)
                 Well, it keeps me off the streets... -NT - (tjsinclair)
             Y "wonder what WAS in" it? Still IS - just BUY it elsewhere! -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 I think I would have used "was". - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Ah, that's a relief. - (CRConrad)
             From the Motley Fool: - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 The hope from Apple would be... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                     So what's Apple's volumes for book sales? - (ChrisR) - (2)
                         Point - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             Yep. Their action was couterproductive. - (a6l6e6x)
         Can't say I blame them - (tuberculosis) - (11)
             Well, didn't he? - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                 Not in my book - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                     The Apple II was made popular by VisiCalc, and . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Good to know you aren't all that freakishly brilliant. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         As opposed to Dell/Gates - (tuberculosis)
                     points to the gryge except for the NeXT, beautiful box - (boxley) - (3)
                         Wow. You really have done everything, haven't you? :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             naw, there is a wicker swing with a hole in the bottom..... -NT - (boxley)
                         I'll partially concede on the NeXT . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Grygus on Apple - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Me on Osborne - (Ashton)
         Cringely's take on it - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             Steve knows how the game is played - (cforde)

One... two... FIVE!
58 ms