IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I deny that they force ANYONE
to purchase, carry, or keep a gun. Anti-gun nuts want to force their ideology on everyone. They rationalize their behavior by citing the actions of a tiny minority to justify actions against the majority of law-abiding gun owners.

Hey, if the anti-gun nuts want to effect social change so that nobody wants them, fine, go ahead and try. Nobody is trying to abridge their right to free speech. Oh wait, they have tried propaganda to do that, and they have so far failed. That's why they work so hard to enact confiscatory laws - laws abridging the US citizen's right to keep and bear arms.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New BUY THAT GUN ER ELSE, PARDNER!
funny mental picture...noone else here will get it...but it made me laugh.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New What's the name of the GA town that...
...required all townspeople to possess a firearm within the city limits?

Oh yeah...[link|http://www.kennesaw.ga.us/CodeOfOrdinances.aspx|Kenessaw GA] (Google is your friend):

Sec. 34-1 Heads of households to maintain firearms.
(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the City, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the City limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.

(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability, which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

I dunno, Skip...does this qualify?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New ROFL... Forgot about them.
Don't know if I approve of that law on anything more than amusement value, though. It verges on "Anything not required is prohibited, anything not prohibited is required".
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Actually there was one town out in KY
several years ago that required all males to own at least one gun.

Research: actually the one I was thinking of was in Georgia...

The small town of Gueda Springs, Kansas, has no local police force. For self protection, the city council has passed an ordinance that with few exceptions, requires homeowners to keep guns:
[...]
The ordinance is not the first in the country. Kennesaw, Georgia passed a similar law 21 years ago--and it's still in force.
[link|http://talkleft.com/new_archives/004451.html| TalkLeft ]
     Speaking of guns - (tuberculosis) - (43)
         An armed society - (broomberg) - (36)
             An armed society - (jake123) - (35)
                 and your point is? -NT - (boxley) - (34)
                     My point - (jake123) - (33)
                         well as long as you are satisfied - (boxley) - (6)
                             Just like people shouldn't judge all of the US from east LA - (jake123) - (5)
                                 Hochelaga? whats that? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                     Oops, sorry, - (jake123) - (3)
                                         lived in otterburn park, did gun shopping in verdun -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                             Was harder to get one for a while, and is easier now - (jake123) - (1)
                                                 thats yer other problem, turning ordinary folks - (boxley)
                         And vs. societies that are fully armed? - (imric) - (25)
                             Name a society that's fully armed. -NT - (jake123) - (10)
                                 Switzerland - (warmachine) - (9)
                                     Tell me, if you walk down the street in say Basel - (jake123) - (7)
                                         Funny. - (imric) - (5)
                                             Me too - (jake123) - (4)
                                                 If they 'pack', they are obligated to initiate gunplay - (imric) - (3)
                                                     I dunno - (jake123) - (2)
                                                         coverup on your side :-) - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             Not anymore - (jake123)
                                         Very few - (warmachine)
                                     Ah, but that's different - (pwhysall)
                             Miller, 1938. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                 so you admit the USSC is always right? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Nope. But it does go to show that ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         nah, picken choose the ones you like -NT - (boxley)
                                 *shrug* deny that fully armed societies exist all you want. -NT - (imric) - (9)
                                     OK - if you'll deny - (Ashton) - (8)
                                         I don't deny - (imric) - (7)
                                             But do you also deny... - (jb4) - (5)
                                                 I deny that they force ANYONE - (imric) - (4)
                                                     BUY THAT GUN ER ELSE, PARDNER! - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                         What's the name of the GA town that... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                             ROFL... Forgot about them. - (imric)
                                                         Actually there was one town out in KY - (Simon_Jester)
                                             I may change my mind, too as the New Taliban cement their - (Ashton)
         On the gripping hand... - (Another Scott) - (5)
             {chortle} nice excerpt re raw-stats: mothers milk of US pols -NT - (Ashton)
             I've read it recently - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                 OT: Hey, long time no see! Welcome back. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Ditt Tow! Don't be a stranger! -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                         I've been around, just not posting - (Arkadiy)

Unfortunately, the hard part is moderation...
82 ms