IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dunno. But I always burn stuff at 8x after having troubles.
I haven't done exhaustive testing the way you have, but I have come across some CD drives that haven't liked disks burned at higher speeds that worked fine when the disk was burned at 8x. IIRC, it was often a problem with disks burned using an older version of EzCDCreator.

I read once that the laser power and/or wavelength changed in moving from ~ 8x to higher speeds, but I haven't seen anything like that in a search just now.

Hope you get it resolved - whatever the problem is. I suspect there's a reason for the difference and it's not just digital goblins. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New The ones that worked were burned at 32x and . . .
. . probably would have worked just as well at 52x.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Now what? CD won't boot. - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
         Is the CD primary or secondary? - (imric) - (7)
             All master and nothing else on the cable. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                 OK - I'm tapped. - (imric) - (5)
                     Yeah, I'm bringing down the March 24th image . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                         Try burning them on a slower speed maybe? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Good idea, but even 16x didn't work any better. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Dunno. But I always burn stuff at 8x after having troubles. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     The ones that worked were burned at 32x and . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Maybe the ISO is defective? - (scoenye) - (3)
             Well, that disk worked just fine for about 12 boots . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Shoot, I forgot to mention... - (folkert) - (1)
                     I think I'll stick with the cosmic ray theory. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)

Worth getting into a flame war on the New York Times crossword blog.
50 ms