IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, yes
But also as in "Go Lori, go Lori, you're the woman!" At least that's what I was saying to myself after he asked me out.
It's like, "How much more black could this be?", and the answer is none. None more black.
New Well, good luck again
Just remember the unfortunate truth, if he's single, there is a reason. Try to figure out that reason and decide whether it bothers you. If it doesn't, then go for gold. If it does, try not to be too disappointed. This is, after all, only your first date after deciding to search more aggressively.

Incidentally, going out on a limb, would you be Lori Dillard, aka the woman on the far right at [link|http://www.msu.edu/unit/iih/IIHNEWSLETTER/Sept03/MTC/MTC-farewell-teachers-YF.jpg|http://www.msu.edu/u...l-teachers-YF.jpg]?

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Nope, that's not me.
I dont look at all like that woman.

And although I really do appreciate your cautionary statements- quit raining on my parade, Ben!!!! You sound like my Mom- the first date I had after the divorce my mother said, "Are you sure you want to go out with him? He's *divorced*." Uh- hellloo?
It's like, "How much more black could this be?", and the answer is none. None more black.
New Well it was a pretty random guess
I just googled for Lori at Michigan State University involved with developmental biology and that was one of the few Lori's that I came up with who seemed to be at MSU.

About my cautions, I'll knock them off. It is just my style to incline to pessimism so that I get an upside surprise. :-)

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
Expand Edited by ben_tilly March 15, 2005, 03:19:05 PM EST
New Ahhh...
The old "never expect much and you wont be disappointed" philosphy.
Dont worry about sounding like my Mom. It's nice to know I have someone looking out for me :-)

New well you can always use the art of lowering expectations
well ma, he aint Clint Eastwood but he claims to change his shorts at least once a week. Thats a bonus! then you can be surprised when he turns out to change them twice a week, (as long as he doesnt try to change them with yours)
good luck again.
thanx,
bill
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Now you're just grossing me out!
     I have a date next week. Can I get a "Woo Woo!"? - (bionerd) - (70)
         Woo Woo! -NT - (imric)
         Good luck - (ben_tilly) - (7)
             Well, yes - (bionerd) - (6)
                 Well, good luck again - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                     Nope, that's not me. - (bionerd) - (2)
                         Well it was a pretty random guess - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             Ahhh... - (bionerd)
                 well you can always use the art of lowering expectations - (boxley) - (1)
                     Now you're just grossing me out! -NT - (bionerd)
         I'll see your "Woo!" - (tjsinclair)
         Wow, with an comment like that... - (folkert) - (1)
             Re: Wow, with an comment like that... - (bionerd)
         Woo and Yay! -NT - (Steven A S)
         You can even have a "yay". -NT - (pwhysall)
         Woo^2 - (Silverlock)
         WW^2. Have fun! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Yup, dating sure isn't easy . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Not enough tattoos and piercings is my guess. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Re: Yup, dating sure isn't easy . . - (bionerd)
         Congratulations! - (Nightowl)
         Too cool... good luck -NT - (hnick)
         I hope it goes well! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         How'd ya meet him? -NT - (broomberg) - (33)
             Why, Barry? You on the market? ;-) -NT - (Yendor) - (2)
                 Not until ... - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Just don't ask me to be your character witness... -NT - (ben_tilly)
             Re: How'd ya meet him? - (bionerd) - (29)
                 The Wall Stree Journal reported . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 For what it's worth, my son met his wife in a similar way. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                     At least one co-worker did likewise - and I've known others. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                     Similar? Hmmm, Usenet? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         It was a web service. I don't know which one. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 No eyebrows raised here - (Steven A S) - (23)
                     You have a lot of balls in the air - (bionerd) - (22)
                         Just hope I can catch them all - (Steven A S) - (10)
                             You're a db guy? - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                                 Yes, but... - (Steven A S) - (8)
                                     Snow? - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                         You're also living in a boat. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                                             Which is only one step up from - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                                 Amen to that last line. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Bah. - (inthane-chan)
                                                 Depends on your tolerance - (bionerd) - (1)
                                                     Re: Depends on your tolerance - (Steven A S)
                                         Not a fear of the cold - (Steven A S)
                         Depends whose balls, really. -NT - (pwhysall) - (10)
                             Just my own, - (Steven A S) - (9)
                                 I now know what you're smiling about in your pic. - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                     Naw... - (Steven A S) - (7)
                                         Well, *I* can't see your hands. -NT - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                             Bunch of sick little monkeys........ ROFL! -NT - (n3jja)
                                             It would take a brit to guess wankery... -NT - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                                 Naturally, they have the most experience. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                 Admit it. I said what y'all were thinking. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     Not me. I thought he was at a strip club. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             I guess if I have to explain the joke - (Steven A S)
         Wait, he has 3 kids? How many do you have? - (tuberculosis) - (3)
             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             LOL -NT - (Steve Lowe)
             Re: Wait, he has 3 kids? How many do you have? - (bionerd)
         good luck, and relax, he aint goin anywhere :-) -NT - (boxley)
         WoooWooo... - (cforde)
         You realize, of course... - (CRConrad) - (4)
             And if you 've read any of CRC posts, - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                 But of course....... - (bionerd) - (2)
                     You of course know the meaning of the word "nooner", yes? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Don't be crass - (tuberculosis)
         Break a leg! -NT - (Ashton)
         :-) Enjoy the first-date butterflies! -NT - (Meerkat)
         Sure! - (jb4)

So we're in the Temple of Mitra now?
460 ms