1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You're a db guy?
We're hiring Oracle DBA's.

Live in the great Pac NW!

Get discounts on books!

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:41:26 AM EDT
New Yes, but...
First off I don't like cold. I'm moving to TX for the warm, even hot weather, the warm water diving, and the lack of snow packed and icy roads.

I do have 5 years of Oracle experience, but that was in Oracle 6/7. This is why I'm looking at entry level positions for now. I'll need to get caught up on Oracle 10. Overall though, I have 18 years of Database management experience on everything from MS Access (yeah, I know, not a real database, but I have plenty of experience designing complex database programs using VBA), through proprietary AF databases (Maintenance Management Information Control System (MMICS) and Core Automated Maintenance System (CAMS)), Unisys (primarily FOCUS report writer) to Oracle (with experience writing Pro C based programs and converting from Pro Fortran programs)
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New Snow?
Haven't seen any all winter.

I do understand the fear of cold - I'm not digging it much myself.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:38:08 PM EDT
New You're also living in a boat.
New Which is only one step up from
livin in a van down by the river!

Seriously, anyplace that requires long sleeves outdoors is too cold.

Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:38:47 PM EDT
New Amen to that last line.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
New Bah.
You wimps just want to move back to sub-Saharan Africa, you do...
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."
-Isaac Asimov
New Depends on your tolerance
I pull the shorts out when it hits 40 degees.
It's like, "How much more black could this be?", and the answer is none. None more black.
New Re: Depends on your tolerance
That's the tempurature I'm looking for as a cold winter day :)
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.

General George S. Patton
New Not a fear of the cold
But having been in North Dakota, I'm sick of it. And I need to be able to scuba dive without a drysuit (preferrably in swimsuit and t-shirt - I was spoiled in Guam)
~~~)-Steven----

General George S. Patton
     I have a date next week. Can I get a "Woo Woo!"? - (bionerd) - (70)
         Woo Woo! -NT - (imric)
         Good luck - (ben_tilly) - (7)
             Well, yes - (bionerd) - (6)
                 Well, good luck again - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                     Nope, that's not me. - (bionerd) - (2)
                         Well it was a pretty random guess - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             Ahhh... - (bionerd)
                 well you can always use the art of lowering expectations - (boxley) - (1)
                     Now you're just grossing me out! -NT - (bionerd)
         I'll see your "Woo!" - (tjsinclair)
         Wow, with an comment like that... - (folkert) - (1)
             Re: Wow, with an comment like that... - (bionerd)
         Woo and Yay! -NT - (Steven A S)
         You can even have a "yay". -NT - (pwhysall)
         Woo^2 - (Silverlock)
         WW^2. Have fun! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Yup, dating sure isn't easy . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Not enough tattoos and piercings is my guess. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Re: Yup, dating sure isn't easy . . - (bionerd)
         Congratulations! - (Nightowl)
         Too cool... good luck -NT - (hnick)
         I hope it goes well! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         How'd ya meet him? -NT - (broomberg) - (33)
             Why, Barry? You on the market? ;-) -NT - (Yendor) - (2)
                 Not until ... - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Just don't ask me to be your character witness... -NT - (ben_tilly)
             Re: How'd ya meet him? - (bionerd) - (29)
                 The Wall Stree Journal reported . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 For what it's worth, my son met his wife in a similar way. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                     At least one co-worker did likewise - and I've known others. -NT - (ben_tilly)
                     Similar? Hmmm, Usenet? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         It was a web service. I don't know which one. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 No eyebrows raised here - (Steven A S) - (23)
                     You have a lot of balls in the air - (bionerd) - (22)
                         Just hope I can catch them all - (Steven A S) - (10)
                             You're a db guy? - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                                 Yes, but... - (Steven A S) - (8)
                                     Snow? - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                         You're also living in a boat. -NT - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                                             Which is only one step up from - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                                 Amen to that last line. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Bah. - (inthane-chan)
                                                 Depends on your tolerance - (bionerd) - (1)
                                                     Re: Depends on your tolerance - (Steven A S)
                                         Not a fear of the cold - (Steven A S)
                         Depends whose balls, really. -NT - (pwhysall) - (10)
                             Just my own, - (Steven A S) - (9)
                                 I now know what you're smiling about in your pic. - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                     Naw... - (Steven A S) - (7)
                                         Well, *I* can't see your hands. -NT - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                             Bunch of sick little monkeys........ ROFL! -NT - (n3jja)
                                             It would take a brit to guess wankery... -NT - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                                 Naturally, they have the most experience. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                 Admit it. I said what y'all were thinking. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     Not me. I thought he was at a strip club. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             I guess if I have to explain the joke - (Steven A S)
         Wait, he has 3 kids? How many do you have? - (tuberculosis) - (3)
             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             LOL -NT - (Steve Lowe)
             Re: Wait, he has 3 kids? How many do you have? - (bionerd)
         good luck, and relax, he aint goin anywhere :-) -NT - (boxley)
         WoooWooo... - (cforde)
         You realize, of course... - (CRConrad) - (4)
             And if you 've read any of CRC posts, - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                 But of course....... - (bionerd) - (2)
                     You of course know the meaning of the word "nooner", yes? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Don't be crass - (tuberculosis)
         Break a leg! -NT - (Ashton)
         :-) Enjoy the first-date butterflies! -NT - (Meerkat)
         Sure! - (jb4)

What a bizarre 'field' ... all about 'Information' - and nobody has any you'd trust!
158 ms