IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dude, the debate's over. All wrapped up November 2.
What we're having now is a debate over the meaning of the debate. And if you think I'm not participating in *that* debate, you're just not paying attention.

I've long since wised up to the game of trying to please people like you guys. You can't manipulate me that way. But don't stop complaining! It amuses me.

Say, what was that about making money fast? Tell me more!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, pardon us for winning the election.
Memo to Democrats and to the Left: hatred is not a substitute for vision.
"All the news you wish would go away"
[link|http://marlowe-essays.blogspot.com/2005/01/what-we-need-prescription-for-our.html|http://marlowe-essay...tion-for-our.html] - What We Need - a prescription for our times
[link|http://marlowe-essays.blogspot.com/2005/01/where-i-stand-proverbs-and-axioms-for.html|http://marlowe-essay...d-axioms-for.html] - Where I Stand - Proverbs and axioms for the real world
New Spoken like a true authoritarian.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New If democracy is authoritarianism, then yes.
Otherwise, no. Either way, it's not my problem.

I believe in democracy. Do you?
If you don't like my posts, don't click on them.
New The way you practice it, it is....
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Practise makes perfect.
By the way, the Democrat party seems to be off their game as of late.
If you don't like my posts, don't click on them.
New And it really WOULD be easier if it were a dictatorship
...so long as you're the dictator, right Philbert?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New I do not think that word means what you think it means

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:27:41 AM EDT
New ..and a passel of other words.
New He only misinterprets 800,000 (or so) English words.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
New Wow! you do him a lot of credit
If I understand this correctly, the Oxford English Dictionary contains 97,600 primary words with 500,000 definitions of them. The bot would have to create new words to misinterpret. Pretty good trick... :)

[link|http://www.elearnaid.com/newshoroxend1.html|http://www.elearnaid...ewshoroxend1.html]

# The immense scholarship of the Oxford English Dictionary--brought within reach of everyone:

* 2 Volumes
* 500,000 definitions
* 7.5 million words
* historical useage back to 1700, however it includes Shakespeare who lived from 1564 to 1616
* 4,000 pages
* 97,600 headwords
* 25,250 variant spellings
* 87,400 illustrative quotations
* 7,333 sources of quotations (including 5,519 individual authors)

New That's what used to be called the Oxford Abridged, IIRC
and it's abridged to a pretty significant degree.

...though I have to admit that the last number I heard for words in English was ~300,000. To be fair, that was before the Internet and the concomitant boom in word coinings.

Last but not least, yes Marlowe, Democracy can be authoritarian. Just ask anyone Romany, Jewish, Gay, etc after the Bundestag voted to make Hitler dictator.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
     Send a white feather to Jonah Goldberg - (tuberculosis) - (53)
         He can forward it onto Marlowe when he's done with it. -NT - (pwhysall) - (52)
             Perhaps we should start responding to all his posts - (tuberculosis) - (51)
                 I like it. - (imric) - (50)
                     Actually, if he keeps doing the drive-bys... - (inthane-chan) - (49)
                         ObAOL. - (pwhysall)
                         Works for me -NT - (tuberculosis)
                         Thirded -NT - (Silverlock)
                         Are you all crazy? - (Arkadiy) - (32)
                             He's interested in one thing: pagerank. - (pwhysall) - (23)
                                 not done in every post - (SpiceWare) - (22)
                                     Ah, but is the point of your post... - (inthane-chan) - (21)
                                         It's hard to read motives. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                                             What A.S. said - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                                 I concur with Rcareaga - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                     It's not about the *going*... - (pwhysall)
                                             I am not in favor of discipline as proposed. - (Andrew Grygus) - (16)
                                                 Actually... - (pwhysall) - (15)
                                                     Ah, right - (ben_tilly) - (14)
                                                         Don't be smarmy. - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                                             I said "even in theory" - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                                                                 No it's not - (jake123) - (9)
                                                                     I left in the 90's - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                         Hey, publication bans happen all the time in the US too - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                             They do? Examples, please. - (ben_tilly)
                                                                     Another amusing point about the charter - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                                         God is undefined in the charter -NT - (jake123) - (4)
                                                                             ...unless declared integer :-) -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                                                 I always figured she was a float(er). -NT - (jake123) - (2)
                                                                                     No, gotta be something with arbitrary precision... -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                                                                         Floaters are arbitrary - (jake123)
                                                             Oh please - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                                 No they're not. - (jake123)
                             What Peter said. - (inthane-chan)
                             You think his posts are really more than flamebait? -NT - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                 It may be a flamebait - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                     Key point: - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         So he prefers to keep his thoughts in his own place - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                             I agree there too - (Nightowl)
                             Also. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Hrmm - (jb4)
                         If he repeats the link only bit - (JayMehaffey)
                         completely disagree!! - (daemon)
                         Dude, the debate's over. All wrapped up November 2. - (marlowe) - (10)
                             Spoken like a true authoritarian. -NT - (jake123) - (9)
                                 If democracy is authoritarianism, then yes. - (marlowe) - (8)
                                     The way you practice it, it is.... -NT - (jb4) - (2)
                                         Practise makes perfect. - (marlowe) - (1)
                                             And it really WOULD be easier if it were a dictatorship - (jb4)
                                     I do not think that word means what you think it means -NT - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                         ..and a passel of other words. -NT - (Ashton) - (3)
                                             He only misinterprets 800,000 (or so) English words. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 Wow! you do him a lot of credit - (hnick) - (1)
                                                     That's what used to be called the Oxford Abridged, IIRC - (jake123)

Mmmmmm... gloat cheese!
87 ms