IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It is for login processing and accounting
In the old days the ISPs used a dialup account and did the tcp/ip portion via Trumpet Winsock. The authentication style of a login/connection and then tcp/ip stayed with us, even though the hardware has changed. As long as they maintain PPPoE, they don't have to track MAC addresses or any specific equipment identifiers to allow you on.
New Like I said...
...give me a good TECHNICAL reason, not some bullshit "I'm too lazy to handle hardware properly for what is going to be a SINGLE point of access application..."
"Here at Ortillery Command we have at our disposal hundred megawatt laser beams, mach 20 titanium rods and guided thermonuclear bombs. Some people say we think that we're God. We're not God. We just borrowed his 'SMITE' button for our fire control system."
New No you didn't.
ONE GOOD FUCKING REASON

I gave you a perfectly good reason, at least for the people who chose to implement it at the time. And then the infrastructure accreted around it, and then it became too painful to change without a good reason.

Why don't YOU give THEM ONE GOOD FUCKING REASON why they should change it, and make sure it is cost effective for them.
     PPPoE - (inthane-chan) - (12)
         Most hardware routers/firewalls have PPPoE built in - (admin)
         How about trying - (folkert)
         what your dslam likes to hear - (daemon)
         Price of going over copper that was never designed for > 8Kb -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Price, my ass. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 They must be providing a router, then. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Considering QWest offers an "upscale" offering... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Qwest line with local ISP - (Steve Lowe)
             No. - (imric)
         It is for login processing and accounting - (broomberg) - (2)
             Like I said... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 No you didn't. - (broomberg)

If ya dont want to dispense certain drugs go into construction.
233 ms