IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What are *you* babbling about?
One of the conflicts of the early 20th century in the U.S. was union organization and Big Capitol, as you put it - and the rise of organized labor as a result. The U.S. was quite heavily unionized until the rise of the service society.

Or am I misunderstanding what you're calling organized labor?
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot
(since it's so particularly particular to America): And above all, their crowning glory (reminiscent of the GPL as an example of "Intellectual Judo"), getting organized labour to discredit *itself* by becoming a close copy of the mediaeval Guilds system; pretty much the antithesis of what modern unions are supposed to be.

There, make better sense now?
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
     Alternative views - (TTC) - (55)
         Thanks! Mother lode... and Molly Ivins too - - (Ashton)
         Re: Alternative views - (TTC) - (1)
             Fine link this one - (boxley)
         "Marginalized views" would be a more appropriate title. - (marlowe) - (51)
             The point you don't get... - (inthane-chan) - (50)
                 Close enough, Thane-san.. close enough. - (Ashton) - (49)
                     I'm not betting on it. - (Brandioch) - (47)
                         Just what would you suggest be done? - (screamer) - (46)
                             Covered in another thread. - (Brandioch) - (30)
                                 But when we try >that<... - (bepatient) - (28)
                                     No quarrel with that list - (Ashton)
                                     WTO? - (Brandioch) - (26)
                                         Exploitation vs. Protectionism - (ChrisR) - (23)
                                             Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             Develop local businesses. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                                 Catch 22 - (bepatient) - (20)
                                                     Easy answer. - (Brandioch) - (19)
                                                         Re: Easy answer. - (bepatient) - (18)
                                                             Exploitation vs development. - (Brandioch) - (17)
                                                                 Re: Exploitation vs development. - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                                     Pattern recognition time, again.. - (Ashton) - (15)
                                                                         Keep up... - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                                             OK I think we have a platform here - (Ashton) - (8)
                                                                                 Wow... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                     Yes, bad association: *The Nothing Party* it is! - (Ashton)
                                                                                 Re: OK I think we have a platform here - (TTC) - (5)
                                                                                     reread the treaty of the high seas - (boxley)
                                                                                     Correction... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                         Re: Correction... - (TTC) - (2)
                                                                                             I don't think we're interested in "moral high ground" - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                 Re: I don't think we're interested in "moral high ground" - (TTC)
                                                                             Re: Keep up... - (wharris2) - (3)
                                                                                 Great.... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     I was kind. - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                                                         Thanks -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                             point of order - (boxley)
                                         I think it's dangerous... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                             Thanks UK for the term, 'sticky wicket' :( -NT - (Ashton)
                                 You'll get no argument here... - (screamer)
                             Re: Just what would you suggest be done? - (TTC) - (4)
                                 Simple... - (screamer)
                                 Your country shrugs at massive civvy deaths ]:-> - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Right to Life, Bill.. Sacredness of Life. - (Ashton)
                                 Fundamental flaw here. - (Ashton)
                             You say that as if it were SO OBVIOUSLY a good thing. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                                 What are *you* babbling about? - (wharris2) - (1)
                                     Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot - (CRConrad)
                                 CRC - My European nemesis... - (screamer) - (6)
                                     "Quote just a tad further down in same post"? No effing fun! - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                         Stop it! Stop it! - (Ashton)
                                         Well Da was a shop steward UAW, Eddie Burns his left hand - (boxley) - (2)
                                             Why don't you go back where you came from :-) - (screamer) - (1)
                                                 workin on it :) -NT - (boxley)
                                         I'll raise your meese and ... - (screamer)
                     I'm not betting on it. - (Brandioch)

Slices, dices, chops...
73 ms