IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some of the conclusions that *what* arrives at?
Evolution says nothing one way or the other about whether there could possibly be a God. That is to say zero, zip, nada.

Anyone who believes that it does, does not understand the theory of evolution. In fact talk.origins even has a [link|http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-god.html|FAQ] about this.

Anyone who claims that it does either needs to learn more about evolution, or should stop trying to misrepresent science to serve their own agendas.

Cheers,
Ben

New Yep. Precisely. In spades. Most definitely.
Evolution does not preclude religious beliefs.

But that does not prevent people (mis-)teaching otherwise.

Are we finally on the same page?

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New "IWETHEY's Terrible Horde of Enigmatic Yammerers." Proof!
*below*

That one may have omniscience without the need for additional innovative attributes, ex-post-facto!

*above*

LRPD
QED
OBE
CQD*

* betcha don't know That one! :-)
New Quite possibly...
If you understand that what people object to in Alabama's bill is the emphasis on literal Creationism, and not the question of whether evolution precludes being religious. And that is why everyone brought up the classic problems with fundamentalist Creationism.

Remove Creationism from the picture, and make it clear that religious beliefs as a topic belongs outside of the teaching of how science works, and there is no conflict left. (It is as inappropriate for science to be the place to teach about religious belief as it would be to cite Bible class to predict a result in, say, Chemistry.)

Cheers,
Ben
New Ah. Noted.
Apart from the fact I got unfairly punished but not reading the original link properly.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

Troglodytes alive in Alabama. - (a6l6e6x) - (56)
         S'OK Massa: I'd like to see some stickers too - - (Ashton)
         I put one like that on my copy of Meyer's OOSC2 - (tablizer) - (1)
             Math got Gallileo[sic?] into trouble - (jb4)
         Whilst it remains controversial... - (static) - (47)
             But it's *not* controversial. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Well, no it is, actually. - (static) - (1)
                     No it isn't. - (pwhysall)
                 Re: But it's *not* controversial. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Correction: - (tonytib)
             It is NOT controversial - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 It's a M/Soft kinda thing, isn't it? - (Ashton)
             And out of the woodwork they come! - (static) - (38)
                 "Problems", sure, but that's not 'coz it's "controversial". - (CRConrad) - (26)
                     I guess it's very POV specific. Makes it hard to agree. -NT - (static) - (23)
                         Nope, it's quite simple, non-POV-specific, and universal: - (CRConrad) - (22)
                             That is going too far - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                 Sigh... Bend over backwards in your own posts; dont tack... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                     Reasonableness is in the eye of the beholder - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         My take. - (Brandioch)
                             Creation as a scientific theory - (tablizer) - (17)
                                 But how does the Great Turtle move? - (Silverlock) - (16)
                                     Waiting for Val. - (Brandioch)
                                     In the beginning, there was this turtle... - (bepatient) - (13)
                                         Or was it.. - (bepatient)
                                         I was hoping there was at least... - (jb4) - (11)
                                             Check your PBS listings for end November, early December - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                 WWWWWOOOOWWWWW!! - (jb4) - (9)
                                                     I already have it programmed to tape :-) - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                         If ya think of it BeeP, please give a shout later.. - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                             I shall try to remember... - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                 "Deep in December, it's nice to remember..." - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                     Damn CRC.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                         Afghan Hell, Afghan Hell, Bombing all the way... - (Meerkat)
                                                                 So.......when is it??? -NT - (jb4) - (2)
                                                                     Oh...alright... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                         Thank you...So marked! -NT - (jb4)
                                     The Turtle Moves! - (ben_tilly)
                     I dunno, Sir Cyclic... - (jb4) - (1)
                         I can see you didn't see: "Brassed Off" !! (ie: wrong!) - (Ashton)
                 Better asked, how can I put this? - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                     Well there is a way for the earth to be new - (boxley) - (1)
                         Every new toy is made out of old stuff. :-) - (ben_tilly)
                     Somewhat OT: world flood - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         There are no shortage of candidates... - (ben_tilly)
                     You're arguing the wrong point. - (static) - (5)
                         Some of the conclusions that *what* arrives at? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                             Yep. Precisely. In spades. Most definitely. - (static) - (3)
                                 "IWETHEY's Terrible Horde of Enigmatic Yammerers." Proof! - (Ashton)
                                 Quite possibly... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     Ah. Noted. - (static)
             Let's take a different tack... - (Another Scott)
         Agreement from the Annals of Improbable Research - (drewk) - (4)
             OT for Drew - (Silverlock) - (3)
                 Sure - (drewk) - (2)
                     Not a size problem - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         It's just forwarding - (drewk)

Bestowing a cruddy-green patina to this over-polished line of deductive reasoning.
78 ms