IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Now there's perspective!
I'll remember that, next time I'm asked a similar question re the kiddies a growin up in our Puritanism+Violence culture - while we try to shield them from the obvious depravity of the adultlets they'll eventually have to abide. (But how.. can we ever prepare them to survive Bizness Ethics 101A - the 10 minute course with Pass/OK-Pass-Anyway grading ?)

Seems to come down to: invent software ~ AOL, debug, test (for all those M$ loopholes), install and maintain against each new Broken Windoze MErde Edition OR

fer measly $10/mo: let AOL be The Nanny!

Well, BeeP - even I have to admit that sometimes.. thinking Economist thoughts can save ya a bundle of pain and suffering. (Well.. at least re the CS little stuff; it's the Big Stuff where I shall have to remain recalcitrant, since that's where the Power-full always have room for a little More in their maws - there is no Full on That gauge. You understand ;-)

Thanx,

A.
New Translation?
Because it read poorly...as if you were saying that the kids are being raised in front of an aol screen or something.

That wouldn't be a good assumption

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Si.. \ufffdcomo no? La traducci\ufffdn esta aqui:
In el primero instancia -

Sorry.. no imputation of mindwashing by AOL generally (unless one imagines MSoftie-like condescension and frippery to have cumulative effects upon the psyche ?) Another thread.

All I meant was: Good Idea! And agree - with all its warts and Disneylandesque format (to us Advanced ones), AOL seems a winner for exactly what you said - Nanny for kids. Apparently it's much harder to duplicate their filtering, and on a toy OS especially (?) - so why try?

While I imagine that we *can't* shield the cheeldrun from our daily depravities.. much, I'd certainly agree that we ought to *try* to keep them away from the pits of our more maudlin fantasies - a while longer.

\ufffdVerdad?

Lo siento para el doscognizado.
(er sorry about the cognitive dissonance)

Juan Ashton Escamillo

New Bon...je comprends
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     OK, I know some of you guys are parents . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (19)
         put the machine in the living room where all can see - (boxley) - (9)
             An internet call logging app... - (inthane-chan) - (8)
                 internet call logging app - (boxley)
                 Bill is right - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     In the houses you and I live in . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                         Well, I'll take issue with that... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             'Unnatural' == unPuritan, at core. Simple. HTH -NT - (Ashton)
                         I'm probably wrong, but... - (Another Scott)
                         Another idea - (orion)
                         decor - (cforde)
         I know I'm going to regret this... - (bepatient) - (6)
             Well, I said they were rich, so . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Re: Well, I said they were rich, so . . - (bepatient) - (4)
                     Now there's perspective! - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Translation? - (bepatient) - (2)
                             Si.. \ufffdcomo no? La traducci\ufffdn esta aqui: - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Bon...je comprends -NT - (bepatient)
         OK, let's think strategy - (wharris2)
         I prefer tracking to blocking - (drewk)

So I pulled into a Shell station. They said I'd blown a seal. I said, "Fix the damn thing and leave my private life out of it, OK, pal??"
71 ms