IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, I said they were rich, so . .
. . they have DSL now, and have parted from the way of AOL.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: Well, I said they were rich, so . .
I have cable split to all the machines...but the kids have come to know AOL as "the internet"...as far as they're concerned.

This way...the overzealous screening software in aol will generally keep them fram accessing the "aites" in question.

9.95 bring your own access plan.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Now there's perspective!
I'll remember that, next time I'm asked a similar question re the kiddies a growin up in our Puritanism+Violence culture - while we try to shield them from the obvious depravity of the adultlets they'll eventually have to abide. (But how.. can we ever prepare them to survive Bizness Ethics 101A - the 10 minute course with Pass/OK-Pass-Anyway grading ?)

Seems to come down to: invent software ~ AOL, debug, test (for all those M$ loopholes), install and maintain against each new Broken Windoze MErde Edition OR

fer measly $10/mo: let AOL be The Nanny!

Well, BeeP - even I have to admit that sometimes.. thinking Economist thoughts can save ya a bundle of pain and suffering. (Well.. at least re the CS little stuff; it's the Big Stuff where I shall have to remain recalcitrant, since that's where the Power-full always have room for a little More in their maws - there is no Full on That gauge. You understand ;-)

Thanx,

A.
New Translation?
Because it read poorly...as if you were saying that the kids are being raised in front of an aol screen or something.

That wouldn't be a good assumption

New Si.. \ufffdcomo no? La traducci\ufffdn esta aqui:
In el primero instancia -

Sorry.. no imputation of mindwashing by AOL generally (unless one imagines MSoftie-like condescension and frippery to have cumulative effects upon the psyche ?) Another thread.

All I meant was: Good Idea! And agree - with all its warts and Disneylandesque format (to us Advanced ones), AOL seems a winner for exactly what you said - Nanny for kids. Apparently it's much harder to duplicate their filtering, and on a toy OS especially (?) - so why try?

While I imagine that we *can't* shield the cheeldrun from our daily depravities.. much, I'd certainly agree that we ought to *try* to keep them away from the pits of our more maudlin fantasies - a while longer.

\ufffdVerdad?

Lo siento para el doscognizado.
(er sorry about the cognitive dissonance)

Juan Ashton Escamillo

New Bon...je comprends

OK, I know some of you guys are parents . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (19)
         put the machine in the living room where all can see - (boxley) - (9)
             An internet call logging app... - (inthane-chan) - (8)
                 internet call logging app - (boxley)
                 Bill is right - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     In the houses you and I live in . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                         Well, I'll take issue with that... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             'Unnatural' == unPuritan, at core. Simple. HTH -NT - (Ashton)
                         I'm probably wrong, but... - (Another Scott)
                         Another idea - (orion)
                         decor - (cforde)
         I know I'm going to regret this... - (bepatient) - (6)
             Well, I said they were rich, so . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Re: Well, I said they were rich, so . . - (bepatient) - (4)
                     Now there's perspective! - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Translation? - (bepatient) - (2)
                             Si.. \ufffdcomo no? La traducci\ufffdn esta aqui: - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Bon...je comprends -NT - (bepatient)
         OK, let's think strategy - (wharris2)
         I prefer tracking to blocking - (drewk)

Reillusionment... what a concept.
55 ms