IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yikes!
You mean you're still there? I thought you had to leave by 6 p.m.!

Be careful, Boxley!

Nightowl >8#

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
New Its mandatory but not enforced
storms are not anything new, happen with regularity since the beggining of time. If I was in a different locatin I might well have evacuated but I feel that I can survive a cat 4 right here. All bets are off if its a cat5 but have enough knowhow to survive Get the Large van in the garage and every one in and hang tough. Hopefully I am right.
thanx,
bill
"delayed incessantly by people whose prevalent qualification was an excess of free-time" Philip Atkinson
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New I hope you're right too!!!
I'll definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts tonight. When is this storm supposed to hit again?

Nightowl >8#

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." -- Robert Hughes, Australian Art Critic, Writer
New check the weather channel it changes :-)
"delayed incessantly by people whose prevalent qualification was an excess of free-time" Philip Atkinson
New Don't have Weather Channel
Maybe I can find it online.

Okay, well stay safe!

Nightowl >8#

New I'll save you some searching.
[link|http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/|National Hurricane Center] and [link|http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/latest/DS.p20-r/si.kbyx.shtml|NOAA Key West Radar].

(Found via [link|http://www.drudgereport.com|http://www.drudgereport.com] )

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks Scott
I never got a chance to hunt anything up, my aunt called and kept me on the phone.

Much obliged.

Nightowl >8#

New Looks like it will hit there today
How you holding up, Boxley? My local paper seems confused, first it says it will hit early then it says it will hit late evening.

I just remembered also, my aunt and her family live in Orlando....

Nightowl >8#

New gale force winds by 1:30 pm
then the main show about 6-8pm, track appears to be holding for the center to pass overhead. The barrier Islands are closed to traffic and the skyway bridge as well [link|http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/buildingbig/wonder/structure/sunshineskyway1_bridge.html|http://www.pbs.org/w...yway1_bridge.html]
the cross bay expressways will close when winds hit 40mph. Advisory now is find a shelter where you is, its too late to travel.
thanx,
bill
New well you have studied military history
who has a better chance? the refugee column or the planners who devise a plan and it sometimes works? At least the planners are usually more comfortable. If I am going to be miserable for 4 days I would rather be miserable at home if I deem it safe ebough.
thanx,
bill
New True
I think you'll be allright if you have fortified things enough and, this is the BIG if, haven't underestimated the power of the storm. Since storms are so unpredictable, that's what worries me a little.

Brilliant idea, putting vans against the garage door. What are you putting against the french windows? Or are you just going to give them a wide berth or board them up?

Nightowl >8#

New well not my french doors (I am a renter)
there appears to be enough slop between the tracks and the frame to not allow a preassure buildup that could explode them outwards. The main issue will be flooding and debris breaking them. I have policed the area fairly well and have the pool cover racked up against the bottom. A pool cover is (picture a tarp married to bubble wrap) large enough to cut and stub 1 foot 2X4's to attach it to the french door frames to keep a lot of the weather out. Of course if the french doors go we retreat to the safe rooms 2 bedrooms with wood shutters over minimal windows, a bathroom and a passage door that can be easily nailed shut and wait it out. The mattresses will be avaiable for shoring up doors and windows and enough various lumber to keep the weather out (same priciples I learned while training to keep ships from sinking in combat) should apply to landlocked structures, keep the water out.
thanx,
bill
New Seems pretty ship-shape to moi
- no need to light any candles.. umm, it even sounds a bit like Fun.

Worst case: snorkels + vests for all + fluorescent orange tie-lines..

Cheers,
moi
     crap, they have declared a mandatory evac on me - (boxley) - (31)
         Best of luck. I hope it misses you this time too! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Bros in law not on evac warning, yet. - (bepatient) - (1)
             what suxs is the evac is ordered for ABC Im a C - (boxley)
         Good luck, hope for another birght and sunny day! -NT - (jb4)
         Good luck, Box! Be safe and dry. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Oh well, better safe than sorry - (ben_tilly) - (24)
             Well I am to Pit my experience and knowledge - (boxley) - (23)
                 I'm in Orlando right now - (Steve Lowe)
                 and it's a cat 3 - (Simon_Jester) - (21)
                     Luck, to all involved! -NT - (Meerkat)
                     Im not on the coat 1.5 miles from the bay(inside bay) - (boxley) - (19)
                         Yikes! - (Nightowl) - (12)
                             Its mandatory but not enforced - (boxley) - (11)
                                 I hope you're right too!!! - (Nightowl) - (10)
                                     check the weather channel it changes :-) -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                                         Don't have Weather Channel - (Nightowl) - (8)
                                             I'll save you some searching. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 Thanks Scott - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                     Looks like it will hit there today - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                         gale force winds by 1:30 pm - (boxley)
                                             well you have studied military history - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 True - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                     well not my french doors (I am a renter) - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Seems pretty ship-shape to moi - (Ashton)
                         And a partridge in a pear treeeeeee ..... - (drewk) - (5)
                             Easy to find them that way. - (admin)
                             candles? what candles - (boxley) - (3)
                                 Wouldn't that hurt? :) -NT - (Steven A S) - (2)
                                     Bill's a crank, he can generate it. ;-) -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Beat me tuit: Curmudgeon Power -NT - (Ashton)
         Take care Boxley! - (Nightowl)

Nine crows at nine o'clock nigh.
136 ms