IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There almost always is.
This jumper is to discharge CMOS with the battery in - but it's still advised to unplug the power supply cables to the motherboard. Without the jumper (or unable to find it) you have to remove the battery and disconnect the power supply cables (even with the wall cord unplugged, a powersupply may have enough residual voltage to keep CMOS alive for as much as half an hour).

Discharging the CMOS will sometimes return an insane computer to normal. Apparently there's important stuff in there the CMOS setup program doesn't touch.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New About those AAs
Noted your comment re heat, falling out.

Not claiming serendipity, but.. I always mounted mine outside the case, at back. Perhaps not the best solution in an office, but seemed 'cool'. All batteries like cool.

Thanks re the reset - hadn't occurred that there could be junk mem locations not automatically rewritten from BIOS menu. So much not to know..
     Possible (or worth it) to change a motherboard battery? - (drewk) - (21)
         All depends on the motherboard I guess - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Thanks, will check tonight (unless Greg remembers) -NT - (drewk)
         NTP configgering - (Yendor) - (1)
             Pretty sure I tried that - (drewk)
         get list of servers, ntptimeset -s -NT - (deSitter)
         Nearly all motherboards today . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
             Get the battery out, as Andrew says, and... - (a6l6e6x)
             Older motherboards - (orion) - (8)
                 Ripped those AA clips out any time I saw one.. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                     That subdirectory factoid amazes computer people - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                         Even More amazing, a story I eaves dropped on the bus this - (boxley) - (4)
                             Let her have her delusions - (orion) - (3)
                                 'DEB' is no less offensive just coz someone else invented it - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                     I apoligize then - (orion)
                                     How the term DEB came about (new thread) - (orion)
                         Re: That subdirectory factoid amazes computer people - (deSitter)
         Should be a Battery similar to - (folkert) - (1)
             Cool, will be trying both (battery and pool.ntp) -NT - (drewk)
         There may also be - (Ashton) - (2)
             There almost always is. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 About those AAs - (Ashton)

For Wade, it is to wait.
50 ms