IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New one time charge vs. ongoing costs
even if a migration to a Linux based platform takes longer than a migration to the next version of Windows (not a given, some Windows migrations have been known to take a very long time), once it's done the Microsoft licencing headaches stop. And the virus/worm headaches stop. And the stability headaches stop. And the systems can be customized so that other headaches stop too.

Rumour has it that it takes fewer Linux administrators than Windows administrators to manage an equivilent number of machines. And these Linux administrators have the time to do useful work. As opposed to patching/rebuilding/devirusing etc...

GrokLaw covered Ms. Didio's article. You can read about it as [link|http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20040407003857488&query=yankee+group| Cranking Out the FUD -- and Some AntiFUD -- on TCO and Security]
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Hey, lookit that
Oh, so it's not a study of such costs; it's a survey of what some executives think it would cost? That's not the same thing.
Hmm, wasn't someone else around here saying that exact same thing?
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     Need some rebuttal articles. - (jbrabeck) - (12)
         How about rebuttal within the same article? - (drewk) - (4)
             See post #154864 - (jb4) - (3)
                 ROTFL - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     Aww - going there was 1/2 the fun... -NT - (imric)
                     Sorry...It was late and I got lazy.... :-( -NT - (jb4)
         What new windows? - (Silverlock) - (1)
             MS Licensing 6.0 joke - (pwhysall)
         one time charge vs. ongoing costs - (cforde) - (1)
             Hey, lookit that - (drewk)
         couple of articles - (cforde)
         Seems to me I recall . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Ever get a chance to fire back a salvo to this mindfsck? -NT - (Ashton)

One of them was this cute little yellowtail, and she's giving me the eye. So I figured, this is my chance for a little fun. You know, piece o' Pisces.
90 ms