IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting and believable
But note that transitioning to democracy is no guarantee of staying one. Look, for instance, at what happened in Germany in the 30's. (I hereby avoid Godwin by declaring that reference to be intentional!)

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
Expand Edited by ben_tilly April 7, 2004, 11:13:27 PM EDT
New Germany was way down economically
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a per-capita income needed to maintain a democratic state. I wonder if it's lower or higher than that needed to istablis one.

(BTW, the story of Russia in 1917 is another democracy lost tale. Hard to believe, but Russia after 1861 was more free than after 1917. And the February Revolution actually attempted to start a geniune parlamentary democracy)
--

Less Is More. In my book, About Face, I introduce over 50 powerful design axioms. This is one of them.

--Alan Cooper. The Inmates Are Running the Asylum
     Wealth and democracy - (Arkadiy) - (7)
         Interesting and believable - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Germany was way down economically - (Arkadiy)
         A lot more than $6000 per person to make Democracy work... - (gdaustin) - (2)
             Maybe, but... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 Fundamentally - (gdaustin)
         Iraq != Democracy - (gdaustin) - (1)
             Something occured to me while listening to NPR - (Arkadiy)

The following is a paid announcement.
68 ms