IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New s/Knuth/Dijkstra/
[link|http://www.acm.org/classics/oct95/|Go To Statement Considered Harmful].
Alex

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom ... the argument of tyrants ... the creed of slaves. -- William Pitt, addressing the British House of Commons (1783)
New I had it right the first time
Specifically I was thinking of Structured Programming with go to Statements, which is not available consistently on the web, but you can sometimes find a copy through Google. (Which doesn't last because it is a copyright violation.)

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New I stand corrected then.
[link|http://www.stevemcconnell.com/ccgoto.htm|The Argument for gotos].
Alex

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom ... the argument of tyrants ... the creed of slaves. -- William Pitt, addressing the British House of Commons (1783)
     Exception Handling Policy - (JimWeirich) - (48)
         Possibly it depends on what level of code you are writing... - (Simon_Jester) - (38)
             Ditto. - (admin) - (37)
                 Because checked exceptions are STOOPID! - (tuberculosis) - (35)
                     One reason I like Spring Framework - (admin) - (1)
                         Absolutely - (bluke)
                     Re: Because checked exceptions are STOOPID! - (dshellman) - (23)
                         One respectable reason - (admin) - (13)
                             Re: One respectable reason - (dshellman) - (12)
                                 The problem with Java model is that I cannot - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                     Re: The problem with Java model is that I cannot - (dshellman)
                                 But that would (i.e, *does*) defeat the whole purpose! - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (drewk)
                                     Re: But that would (i.e, *does*) defeat the whole purpose! - (dshellman) - (1)
                                         Sorry, either I don't get your meaning, or you didn't mine. - (CRConrad)
                                 What ends up happening ... - (bluke) - (5)
                                     Re: What ends up happening ... - (dshellman) - (4)
                                         Re: What ends up happening ... - (tuberculosis)
                                         You didn't answer the question ... - (bluke) - (2)
                                             Re: You didn't answer the question ... - (dshellman) - (1)
                                                 A number of comments - (bluke)
                         We already discussed this - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                             Re: We already discussed this - (dshellman) - (7)
                                 Blame the tool - (tuberculosis)
                                 You're right, that is unfortunate - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                     Re: You're right, that is unfortunate - (dshellman) - (4)
                                         You have to balance benefit/cost - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                             s/Knuth/Dijkstra/ - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                 I had it right the first time - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                     I stand corrected then. - (a6l6e6x)
                     Re: Because checked exceptions are STOOPID! - (dshellman) - (8)
                         Hmm... - (CRConrad)
                         One phrase says it all. - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                             Caught my eye too - (tuberculosis)
                             Re: One phrase says it all. - (dshellman) - (4)
                                 I remain unconvinced - (tuberculosis)
                                 A Further Question on the Code Example - (JimWeirich) - (1)
                                     Re: A Further Question on the Code Example - (dshellman)
                                 Bad for class libraries? - (Arkadiy)
                 Re: Ditto. - (JimWeirich)
         I meant Exception the class - (bluke) - (7)
             Don't catch null pointer exceptions? - (JimWeirich) - (6)
                 In development yes - (bluke) - (5)
                     Re: In development yes - (JimWeirich) - (4)
                         Agreed - (bluke) - (3)
                             So wouldn't the remedy be... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 cf. Spring Framework :-) -NT - (admin)
                                 I agree ... - (bluke)
         Another reason to catch specifics - (jb4)

Not a wholesome trottin' race, no!
99 ms