IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Or, how about the Microsoft version?
Since no businesses will be able to avoid XP for long, this should be quite effective.

"Once a copy of Windows XP is registered and Microsoft knows who owns it, XP searches the local hard disk for Linux partitions and the network for computers running Linux. If any are found, this is reported back to Redmond.

Businesses reported are moved to the top of the list of companies to be audited for license compliance.

Should deficiencies be found, Microsoft will negotiate down from the maximum $150,000 penalty only if all non-Microsoft software is removed from the network"

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Not much of a stretch
Not much of a stretch there, MS has already been caught doing that.

The part about dropping the fines if you switch to all MS software that is. They used to do this to Netware sites.

Jay
New Protection racket
So...what's the difference between this and a protection racket? Anyone ever look at a RICO claim against MSFT/BSA/SIIA?
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New Then you would scare people AWAY from linux.
You want to scare them away from MS instead by making MS sound snoopy and paranoid about pirated MS software.
You know as well as I do that you know as much about Linux as you do about sand painting. So why bring it up? Does that make you feel better about yourself in relation to the computer, your Baal-God? You're the Aristotle of computing, not the Galileo. Galileo had an inclined plane - all you've got is the twisted hillside of your green-grey cortex.
New Re: Don't drink and post at same time

makes for nasty words & unwanted comments.

Also is morally repugnant.

D
New But...
Grygus is so funny when he does it.

I guess it's the old happy drunk/mean drunk schism.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New A Question of Balance...
...as the Moody Blues would say...
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: Good point ...

The morally repunant line was meant to take in the act of attacking others personally, here, while one is under the influence of some substance - I should have made the point clearer as it was not intended to seem high-handed to those of us who imbibe & post but don't get nasty.

(V B Grin)

Cheers

Doug
New I know nothing of other drugs . .
. . but alcohol has the peculiar effect of magnifying natural inclinations. I recommend to all who would know themselves to get blotto now and occasionally (in the privacy and safety of your own home) and sort out the debris over the next few days. A little embarrasement is natural and inevitable, but if what you see is disturbing, you need to take corrective action. It isn't the alcohol speaking, it is you that is speaking.

I also would advise anyone contemplating marriage to see their sweethart swamped first, and take heed. What you see is what you are going to get. The familiarity of marriage will provide a similar release, with similar results.

Oh, one other thing - moderation. If you have to try to stop the room from spinning, you've over done it, and that's counter productive. Go have a conversation with the porcelain goddess, drink a lot of water, then sleep. Try to do better another day.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Oct. 21, 2001, 11:57:21 PM EDT
     Anybody know how to launch an urban legend? - (tuberculosis) - (21)
         I Like It... and - (Ashton) - (3)
             Speaking of recruiting posters... - (broomberg) - (2)
                 Umm..___________________mostly. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Past and current military - (Ric Locke)
         Tell a teenager with a instant messenger addiction -NT - (Silverlock)
         FBI not keen on that - (tablizer) - (2)
             Worse than that - (wharris2) - (1)
                 odd - (tablizer)
         Better One... - (gdaustin) - (12)
             wider - (tablizer)
             Or, how about the Microsoft version? - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                 Not much of a stretch - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                     Protection racket - (kmself)
                 Then you would scare people AWAY from linux. - (tablizer) - (6)
                     What?? - (deSitter) - (5)
                         Re: Don't drink and post at same time - (dmarker2) - (4)
                             But... - (kmself) - (3)
                                 A Question of Balance... - (bepatient)
                                 Re: Good point ... - (dmarker2)
                                 I know nothing of other drugs . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Don't they already do that? -NT - (drewk)

So, what are we going to do tonight, Brain?
229 ms